how would tv/movie characters vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 09:22:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  how would tv/movie characters vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how would tv/movie characters vote  (Read 2102 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 25, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

The Dark Knight Rises:

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Romney Helps people in need, Obama
Bane: Obama Romney
Selina Kyle: Obama
Blake: Obama
Gordon: Romney member of a union and is a public sector worker, Obama
Fox: Romney Old black guy, definitely Obama
Alfred: Romney Swing Voter
Tate: Obama

Okay you two. Let's not get overly hackish. There are a variety of different factors that can determine one's vote, so let's not pretend that we're the great political mind readers of fictional characters of our generation.

My own view:
Bruce Wayne: Public persona is he doesn't vote, his private persona probably has no interest in voting. Might go absentee. Probably focuses on local races if he votes for anything.
Bane: This guy isn't a US citizen, first of all, and second of all he has no interest in seeing the American electoral process work. This fucker ain't voting.
Selina Kyle: If she votes, then it's for some strange third partier or for Obama.
Gordon: Like I said, multiple factors at work here. God knows what his personal--and thus policy--views are on a buncha shit.
Fox: Eh, I'll defer to Clinton'96 and just say Obama for the heck of it.
Alfred: Here's an interesting one. He's naturally patriarchial and thus if he were a liberal, I think he'd be the type our very own Nathan looks up to. "Traditional". A good example was when Nathan was talking about Rep. Silvio Conte (R-MA) in a thread on Western Massachusetts. Overall, I think he has sort of a traditionalist world view, coupled with a sort of "Gospel of Wealth" mentality that was prevalent among rich do-gooders of the Gilded Age. However, very little of that can translate into actual political philosophy, so we're left once again at square one.

Second of all, people, realize that we have a thread for this. C'mon BaconKing, we're relying on you to correct there errors.

As for Workaholics, these guys don't vote. I mean really. Look at them. You think those guys are gonna waste precious seconds of their lives that they could spend stoned/drunk/having fun/etc. to go fill out a ballot at a crowded polling place? The only one with any political inclinations is Ders due to being the most serious of them all and himself planning a run for City Council someday. He's also the only one that's vaguely right-wing, though he'd probably go Obama as well.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't watch the show at all, but from this I can say they'd do it for Gary Johnson Wink

These guys aren't rugged individualists. For the most part, their instincts are towards freeloading, FYI. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies