John Ensign (R-NV) to Resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:11:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  John Ensign (R-NV) to Resign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Ensign (R-NV) to Resign  (Read 1489 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »

From the ABC:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/politics&id=8088507
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »

He might not be out of the woods just yet, btw.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2011, 03:22:55 PM by Torie »

Can you imagine getting your parents to pay a big hush money bribe to the receptacle of your load to try to bail yourself out of an embarrassing tryst?  I mean, how can anyone respect a man like that?  How can one even consider such a creative [creature] a man really?

As Gramps says, Bye, bye - loser!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 02:03:15 PM »

I wonder how long before his wife files divorce papers on the prick........it's sad seeing her standing there next to him.......I hope she adds that to the settlement package.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:10:20 PM »

Now Gramps finally has his chance.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 07:18:02 PM »

You'd think politicians would show some discretion when in the limelight.  Obviously, he, Eliot Spitzer, and Chris Collins need to get together for a peer-group discussion on how they screwed their careers.  Maybe he'll be on a CNN talk show.  I wonder who his female counter-part would be..
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »

You would need a liberal woman and preferably the spouse of a cheating husband.

I wonder if Hillary will be interested? Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »

You would need a liberal woman and preferably the spouse of a cheating husband.

I wonder if Hillary will be interested? Tongue

I'm sure she would prefer it to her current job.  I think she would overpower John Ensign in debate like Sean Hannity over Colmes.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 08:08:53 PM »

I wonder how well they got along. They both got elected in 2000 and served together for 8 years.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

I wonder how well they got along. They both got elected in 2000 and served together for 8 years.

Can't say that I know.. I think Hillary would dominate through sheer personality.  I completely disagree with her political opinions but, she has some guts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 11:57:40 PM »

Even my aunt and uncle who are from Las Vegas and staunchly conservative say "Good Riddance" to John Ensign, if that tells you anything!!
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 08:34:57 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2011, 11:58:49 AM by Cincinnatus »

Even my aunt and uncle who are from Las Vegas and staunchly conservative say "Good Riddance" to John Ensign, if that tells you anything!!

That's not how conservatives here felt about Chris Lee and his escapade.  Most thought he could be a rising star in the House from Upstate NY.  Then again, they certainly didn't cheer for him to stay after he decided to go searching around on facebook.  One of those times where they liked what he was doing before the incident but, lost all their trust in him because of his action.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 02:00:44 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2011, 02:12:04 AM by Joe Republic »

That's not how conservatives here felt about Chris Collins and his escapade.  Most thought he could be a rising star in the House from Upstate NY.  Then again, they certainly didn't cheer for him to stay after he decided to go searching around on facebook.  One of those times where they liked what he was doing before the incident but, lost all their trust in him because of his action.

Who?

Did you mean Chris Lee, and his escapades on craigslist?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »

I always liked John Ensign up until recently
Heimdal
HenryH

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 05:21:41 AM »

I always liked John Ensign up until recently

I knew a lot of the movement Conservatives liked him.
But I didn't see what was so great about him, other than that he was a fresh face (which meant a lot after 2008) and that he represented a growing swing state.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 05:41:25 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2011, 05:44:59 AM by Jake the Snake Roberts »

That's not how conservatives here felt about Chris Collins and his escapade.  Most thought he could be a rising star in the House from Upstate NY.  Then again, they certainly didn't cheer for him to stay after he decided to go searching around on facebook.  One of those times where they liked what he was doing before the incident but, lost all their trust in him because of his action.

Who?

Yeah yeah all I see about Chris Collins is about some dude who is county executive in some New York county who is being labeled the next coming of Boss Tweed.  I have to wonder though: what kind of married dumbass, especially one who is a politician, posts a picture of themselves on the internet to score some hot ass?  And more importantly, what kind of stupid bastard, especially a politician, use their real life name?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 05:56:14 AM »

I have to wonder though: what kind of married dumbass, especially one who is a politician, posts a picture of themselves on the internet to score some hot ass?  And more importantly, what kind of stupid bastard, especially a politician, use their real life name?

Republicans have a habit of n00bish use of the internet, particularly privacy.  Not just seedier characters like Chris Lee and Mark Foley, but also their comical misuse of Twitter, Facebook, and even standard email.  See Mike Naso's recent dawning realization that using his real name to act like a clown on the internet for several years may not have been such a great idea after all.  Oh and of course, J. J.'s "who are these hot girls adding me on facebook?" thread.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 09:09:53 AM »

I have to wonder though: what kind of married dumbass, especially one who is a politician, posts a picture of themselves on the internet to score some hot ass?  And more importantly, what kind of stupid bastard, especially a politician, use their real life name?

Republicans have a habit of n00bish use of the internet, particularly privacy.  Not just seedier characters like Chris Lee and Mark Foley, but also their comical misuse of Twitter, Facebook, and even standard email.  See Mike Naso's recent dawning realization that using his real name to act like a clown on the internet for several years may not have been such a great idea after all.  Oh and of course, J. J.'s "who are these hot girls adding me on facebook?" thread.

Yeah, I for one stopped using my real name on the internet awhile ago out of concern that some of my more morally inclined (understatement of the year) friends and family members might run across some of my rantings against the Religious Right or statements I made when I was violently pro-choice.  And given how hard I make you guys (the mods) work on an almost weekly basis I don't think the older people would appreciate my use of language.
While we are speaking of internet persons a good example probably be Mike Assad.  I'm not sure if they are the exact same people but awhile back I was part of an Anti-John Cena group on Facebook and we had this guy troll us by the name of "Mike Taker Assad" who would do thinks like call us all basement dwelling losers and that Randy Orton (and anybody else who wasn't John Cena) was a little bitch (for those of you who aren't WWE fans, consider yourselves blessed if you don't know what I'm talking about).  It didn't piss me off, in fact I found him to be a rather funny person who I could write detailed and verbose essay length responses to detailing how much of a fail troll he was.  Anyway one day (I believe it might've been a few months back when I was checking my old Facebook groups on a whim) he somehow took over the group and renamed it "the Anti-Cena Club under new management!  Apologize to Mike Assad!" or something retarded like that.  When I was on this forum for like a year someone brought up a poster called "Mike Assad" who acted very similar to the guy I encountered on Facebook.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 09:16:57 AM »

One thing is for sure: these politicians sure do love to pork barrel their special interest groups.

[/sexual innuendo fail]
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »

That's not how conservatives here felt about Chris Collins and his escapade.  Most thought he could be a rising star in the House from Upstate NY.  Then again, they certainly didn't cheer for him to stay after he decided to go searching around on facebook.  One of those times where they liked what he was doing before the incident but, lost all their trust in him because of his action.

Who?

Thanks for the correction.  Chris Collins is the county executive and I mixed the name up :$
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 03:07:34 PM »

LOL:  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54137.html

kthxbye
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 03:17:33 PM »

Ooooh, hopefully Lieberman gets the same treatment!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies