Poll- Best Choice for DNC Chairman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:18:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Poll- Best Choice for DNC Chairman
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: After the DNC Chair Debate.. Who is best choice for DNC Chairman
Pete Buttigieg

Keith Ellison

Tom Perez

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Poll- Best Choice for DNC Chairman  (Read 1238 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 07:57:33 AM »

I support Ellison because I think the Bernie side "deserves" this one.

With that said, Perez and Ellison would functionally be very similar. Ellison is still a creature of Washington. Let's not pretend that this matters very much. Come on guys.

As for the Pete guy, I have no idea who he is but the fact that his last name is "Butt" automatically disqualifies him.

It's funny because Buttigieg has been a Bernie guy for decades:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are there indications that he isn't anymore?

He endorsed Hillary in 2016, but to be fair he waited until April 2016 when it was pretty clear Bernie wasn't going to win.

He's also less anti-business than Sanders. In particular, when it comes to the loss of manufacturing jobs, he blames automation more than NAFTA.

April was before the Indiana primary. Writing something about Bernie 16 years ago doesn't cancel out the fact that he went against his state and county in endorsing terrible Hillary.

So you're cool with your boy Ellison sipping wine with David Brock, right?

Obviously the ideal candidate would tell David Brock to go f**k himself, but that probably wouldn't be helpful for getting votes from the worthless Clinton deadwood hacks who constitute the DNC.

Jfern? Supporting a candidate who is willing to compromise his principles for the sake of more votes?

Well, ideally there would be a better candidate, but of the people running for DNC chair, Ellison is obviously the best.

I like Ellison too but I enjoy busting your balls.

Honestly I like Ellison, Buttigieg, and Perez, and I think everyone can agree all 3 are massive upgrades to DWS.

As far as I know, DWS didn't tell the Hillary campaign to increase the identity politics. Tom Perez did. He would not be an upgrade.
SCNCmod

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 08:54:22 AM »

I posted this in a different thread... but thought it would be relevant here as well:

I originally was for Dean (since he was a success in the position before).  Then I thought I would be for Tom Perez...
But I've become convinced that Buttigieg is absolutely the best choice  ... He is always on point & sharp as a tack (and he has the demeanor that allows him to give policy stances without coming across as overly partisan).........He didn't wade into the Hillary/Bernie debate......He's been Hugely successful turning around a failing MidWest City........And Most importantly - I think he has the sheer intellect & capability to successfully put together the infrastructure and game plan in place to allow Dems to win back elections across the country.

Buttigieg just seems to over-achieved & succeed in everything he's ever done

... In High School- he won the JFK Profiles in Courage Essay (writing an essay about Bernie Sanders Courage as an Ind Senator), was Valedictorian & President of his High School.

... Then Graduated with Honors from Harvard & was President of the Harvard Institute of Politics Student Advisory Committee.

... Then went to Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar earning a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

... In addition to serving a stint in Afghanistan, he Was elected Mayor of his home town of South Bend at age 29 (the youngest 100k+ population mayor at the time) ... and has more than succeeded in completely Turning around a failing City (one of the best turnaround city stories in the country). 

....I can't see him not being just as successful in the role of DNC Chair & helping Dems start winning elections again.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 09:02:42 AM »

I posted this in a different thread... but thought it would be relevant here as well:

I originally was for Dean (since he was a success in the position before).  Then I thought I would be for Tom Perez...
But I've become convinced that Buttigieg is absolutely the best choice  ... He is always on point & sharp as a tack (and he has the demeanor that allows him to give policy stances without coming across as overly partisan).........He didn't wade into the Hillary/Bernie debate......He's been Hugely successful turning around a failing MidWest City........And Most importantly - I think he has the sheer intellect & capability to successfully put together the infrastructure and game plan in place to allow Dems to win back elections across the country.

Buttigieg just seems to over-achieved & succeed in everything he's ever done

... In High School- he won the JFK Profiles in Courage Essay (writing an essay about Bernie Sanders Courage as an Ind Senator), was Valedictorian & President of his High School.

... Then Graduated with Honors from Harvard & was President of the Harvard Institute of Politics Student Advisory Committee.

... Then went to Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar earning a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

... In addition to serving a stint in Afghanistan, he Was elected Mayor of his home town of South Bend at age 29 (the youngest 100k+ population mayor at the time) ... and has more than succeeded in completely Turning around a failing City (one of the best turnaround city stories in the country). 

....I can't see him not being just as successful in the role of DNC Chair & helping Dems start winning elections again.

Seeing Buttigieg, I think he's a perfect 2nd in command like Tulsi Gabbard was. Ellison has his detractors, I was one of them, but I feel he's the choice for right now. Gabbard was brave because she exposed the corruption in the DNC that had it in the bag for Hillary when they should've stepped back and let the primaries really sort out the whole nomination process. She was laughed at or even not heard from but ended up being right at the end. (Which is why she'll have a good 2020 national campaign if she goes for it. She makes political gambles, which so far has worked even her Trump meeting.) Buttigieg has a place in the DNC hierarchy, just like Tim Ryan in Congress, the Democrats know they've ed up especially the Establishment, so they have reached out the far wing of the party because they need to keep a common message.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies