2023-24 NHL Season Thread 🏒 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:50:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2023-24 NHL Season Thread 🏒 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2023-24 NHL Season Thread 🏒  (Read 2512 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 23, 2023, 10:17:42 PM »

Bruins looking very strong at this early stage of the season. Wonder if they'll be able to break the President's Cup curse this time.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 06:42:44 PM »

The St. Louis Blues, hosting Pride Night, scored 3 of their 4 goals in the space of 32 seconds in the 2nd period in their 4-0 win over the Islanders.

I noticed the Pride Blues logo change on FB yesterday and decided to brave my way into the comments.  Mostly supportive (though they could have been removing the worst comments), which is good to see.  I suppose hockey fans trend slightly younger and upper middle class.

Blues have been (mostly) better these last few weeks.  Beating some good teams, but as is often the case, losing to some bad ones.  Better than last season!  We've got a decent shot at the playoffs at this point.  Last year it was pretty much over by now (if not a month ago) if I remember correctly.

Sadly, I strongly suspect they were removing the worst comments. Anytime I go on a Facebook pages about a news article favorably reporting about an NHL Pride night the majority of respondents range from thinly veiled homophobic go woke go broke BS to just downright neanderthal. It's very disheartening
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 11:11:04 PM »

Traveled to Columbus last night to see my beloved pens play the blue jackets. But they lost in the shootout. Well I'm glad they at least took a point home the Blue Jackets are not a team they shouldn't walk away with at least two points against. My summary of the game is it was two teams trying to prove which one was slightly less bad. Looks like the Pens aren't going to make the playoffs for another year in a row.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 11:55:50 PM »

Traveled to Columbus last night to see my beloved pens play the blue jackets. But they lost in the shootout. Well I'm glad they at least took a point home the Blue Jackets are not a team they shouldn't walk away with at least two points against. My summary of the game is it was two teams trying to prove which one was slightly less bad. Looks like the Pens aren't going to make the playoffs for another year in a row.

Will be interesting to see if Crosby plays 1, 2, 3 or 4 more seasons, and which team he plays for in those seasons. Pens will trade him if he asks for it, also he is a free agent next summer.

If Crosby leaves, management will probably sit down with Malking, Letang and Karlsson and see who wants to stay and who wants to be traded to a playoff team.

Crosby is a franchise player. He will never ever leave the pens. 98% plus sure
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies