Should zoosexuality be legal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:58:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should zoosexuality be legal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 160

Author Topic: Should zoosexuality be legal?  (Read 36978 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 26, 2010, 02:03:49 AM »

No, you can't have sex with a living thing you can't get consent from.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 05:50:56 AM »

Killing them for food is a necessary evil.  Fucking them for fun isn't.

I'm not putting it up there with arson or pouring your used motor oil into the creek, but it's still wrong and shouldn't be legal.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:15:35 PM »

Killing them for food is a necessary evil.  Fucking them for fun isn't.

I'm not putting it up there with arson or pouring your used motor oil into the creek, but it's still wrong and shouldn't be legal.

How is killing them for food a necessary evil? People are more than capable of surviving without eating animal meat. That's what vegetarians do, after all.
I'm (like all humans) an omnivore.  Some humans go against nature and get by without eating meat, that doesn't mean we all should.  Until we can make meat in a factory (that will be a great day, better tasting, better for you and no animals need to die), animals will need to die.

So basically, we'll have to agree to disagree.  Like I said, it's not THAT big of a deal.  We are just talking about animals here.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 12:01:07 AM »

Or is this about suffering, i.e., would it be fine if they bashed the animal over the head with a blunt object before they did them?
Yes I would be fine with that.  Still gross, but if you want to have sex with a dead farm animal I'm not going to stop you, or even call the cops on you.  Just like I wouldn't call the cops on your for funking your sofa or your Roomba.  Yes, it is about suffering (or at least potential suffering...I have no idea if a donkey suffers when you screw it....probably not...but a chicken probably does).

(and because the desire to screw animals is held by fewer people and that it is "gross" to most people is why it is illegal and why I think it should remain that way.  If I (we/us) grew up in a culture that normally screwed sheep (or whatever) then it probably wouldn't be against the law or thought of as "gross" by most people)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 12:11:27 AM »

I have a choice?  I assume (hopefully correctly) that all the meat at the grocery store came from animals that didn't suffer in death.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »

Agreed.  Farm animals don't necessarily live very well.  Especially factory farms.  And super especially factory farmed chicken.  It's freaking depressing actually.  On the other hand, chicken aren't exactly high on intelligence and it's quite likely that they don't know any better.  Beef cows don't do much better but (according to wiki and my own anecdotal evidence) they at least get to spend the majority of their short lives hanging out in a field doing nothing before moving inside for fattening and slaughter.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

But yeah, the animals we eat certainly don't lead the greatest lives they could, but then again, what else are we going to do?  Make their lives better, the price of meat goes up, poor people can't afford as much meat anymore.  We should push hard for factory meat, not that your ignorant people won't bitch about that too like they do about genetically modified crops.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 03:31:53 AM »

But I do have remorse (I thought that was clear).  I manage to bury it pretty well and try not to think of it too much, especially when enjoying a nice juicy chicken leg.

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to me.  It should be a misdemeanor (as in Nebraska) not a felony (as in Washington).  I'd rather a dude have sex with a horse instead of beating it with a whip for no reason.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:56 AM »

How does kobidobidog feel about date rape? What about necrophilia?
If it feels good, do it!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 12:20:06 AM »

How does kobidobidog feel about date rape? What about necrophilia?
If it feels good, do it!

Date rape doesn't feel good for the victim, and I doubt necrophilia feels good for the bereaved family.
You really think I was serious?  I'm the guy encouraging date rape?  Do I look like a dancing monkey to you?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 03:09:21 AM »

aahhh, I run into that problem about 6 times a day.  No worries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies