What Republicans must do and must do NOW (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:56:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What Republicans must do and must do NOW (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Republicans must do and must do NOW  (Read 4905 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: March 09, 2016, 06:51:32 PM »

Ted Cruz is the spawn of Satan, folks.  If I were a Republican I would be hedging my bets on Trump and hoping that his bloviating has been theatrical (a highly risky assumption, granted).  The 'moderates' and 'swing voters' aren't going to go for a literal crazy person who talks about holy wars when he's giving out his invasion wish list.  The 'establishment' Republicans, in their desperation, are overlooking just how unlikable Cruz is.  He is the epitome of dirty tactics, dishonesty and exactly the opposite of 'trustworthy' - which, if you haven't noticed yet, is a theme of this election.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:58:46 PM »

Ted Cruz is the spawn of Satan, folks.  If I were a Republican I would be hedging my bets on Trump and hoping that his bloviating has been theatrical (a highly risky assumption, granted).  The 'moderates' and 'swing voters' aren't going to go for a literal crazy person who talks about holy wars when he's giving out his invasion wish list.  The 'establishment' Republicans, in their desperation, are overlooking just how unlikable Cruz is.  He is the epitome of dirty tactics, dishonesty and exactly the opposite of 'trustworthy' - which, if you haven't noticed yet, is a theme of this election.

I don't like Cruz, but how can he possibly be scarier than Trump?  With Cruz, we know exactly what we would be getting: a hardcore ideologue who aspires to be the anti-FDR and will do everything in his power to revert the role of the federal government to what it was in the 1920's.  I would prefer not to live in that world, but it's a lot more manageable than the substantial risk of Trump going fascist.  How is Cruz's "do whatever you want, as long as you/your family can pay in full" worse than Trump's "I will reign as a strongman and everything else is negotiable" at best or "only white people will have political rights from now on" at worst?  I mean, one of those is clearly more difficult to undo/stop than the other, right?

The entire premise of Cruz being worse rests on his inflexibility.  Cruz is scarier because he seems to genuinely believe this stuff.  I'm not saying I'm looking forward to Trump; I find that prospect terrifying, too.  But pretending that Cruz is some kind of vehicle for racial harmony and anti-bigotry because he hasn't been the focus of a bombastic media circus is just ridiculous.  The "movement conservatives" take an even harder stance against immigration than Trump.  Cruz is talking about throwing out millions of hard working people and banishing them.  Rooting for Ted Cruz because you know what you're getting is like hoping for hemorrhoids.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies