Department of State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:18:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of State  (Read 12528 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: November 15, 2005, 04:49:35 PM »

Excellent plan, True Independent.  I look forward to following your progress on your tour.

MAS, would you say that your support for the legal recognization of Sealand is more in common with the Atlasian view of Taiwan, or with the view of West Atlasia?  If it happens to be the former, why do you place yourself in opposition to a strong ally of ours (Great Britain)?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 09:24:33 AM »

Excellent work, Mr. Secretary. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 09:42:59 PM »

You have my full blessing in reallocating the South African financial aid to fight the AIDS epidemic more effectively.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 09:45:03 PM »

May I ask what is so 'disgusting' about trying to stop people dying?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »

An epidemic of any kind does not care about political boundaries.  Any way that such a terrible disease can be eliminated before it worsens the problem here is something all of us should be supporting.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 10:06:23 PM »

No. Mostly because what makes it bad in Africa does not exist here.

So?  As long as the disease flourishes anywhere in the world, there is a risk of infection among Atlasian citizens.  In any case, you seem quite happy to let millions of people die.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »

Not having part of our population wiped out by a sudden outbreak of a lethal disease would certainly 'improve our position'.  And the reason that many South Africans don't believe in it is because they lack the necessary education on the subject.  Hence, the relief organizations need resources to help improve that situation.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 10:41:42 PM »

It does not take a 'sh!t load' of infected Africans to start an epidemic here.  If we really wanted to be dramatic, all it would really take is one person, and it snowballs from there.

As for President Mbeki, we needn't necessarily count on his blessing for our cause.  He may disagree with elements of it, but that doesn't matter.  What needs to be done will be done.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 10:59:18 PM »

I can't imagine there's anything else I can say that will convince you that saving millions of lives is a good thing, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.  Unless you can suggest any other ways of spending the financial aid that is already destined for South Africa anyway, then I still give my aforementioned blessing to Secretary True Independent for his plan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies