Republican Politicians in Blue Precincts vs Democratic Politicians in Red Precincts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:33:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican Politicians in Blue Precincts vs Democratic Politicians in Red Precincts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Politicians in Blue Precincts vs Democratic Politicians in Red Precincts  (Read 729 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 07, 2021, 11:13:34 PM »
« edited: April 07, 2021, 11:16:46 PM by emotional hardcore »

Interestingly enough, Joe Manchin is NOT one of these. He lives in Charleston proper, which voted for Biden. Before he was Governor he was from the town of Fairmont, but Fairmont is actually a relatively liberal college town (also not far from Morgantown), and Biden appears to have won most of the the actual city proper.

Jon Tester is no doubt the most notable example of a Democratic Senator. His home precinct appears to have voted Trump 72-Biden 26.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:35:39 PM »

Interestingly, this used to apply to a Senator from New York. Gillibrand lived in Hudson (yes seriously) when she was elected to the House but moved to Brunswick (a rural area northeast of Albany) after she appointed to the Senate. Brunswick actually narrowly voted for Biden 50-48 but had a huge swing and voted Trump 52-Hillary 40 in 2016. And interestingly Schumer is originally from Midwood, a conservative area in south Brooklyn that voted for Trump, but currently lives in Park Slope...so definitely doesn't apply to him now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:19:53 PM »

Speaking of Governors, the North Dakota Governor's Residence is kind of interesting because it's in a precinct that came within a point of voting for Biden (aka the same precinct I'm in now.) I think Burgum's personal residence might be in a Biden precinct but I don't know exactly where in Fargo it is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 12:51:02 PM »

For the record I'm pretty sure Schumer moved to Park Slope after being elected to the Senate, his old House district was located in south Brooklyn. So if he had stayed we'd be in an odd position of both Senators from New York living in 2016 Trump precincts and coming close in 2020 as well.

Outside of Tester and Gillibrand, I can't think of any likely Democratic candidates, aside from Sherrod Brown who lives in a rather split Cleveland suburb (Avon) full of both Trump and Biden precincts. Dick Durbin was a possible surprising candidate but everything I've read on him indicates he lives in Springfield proper which almost all voted for Biden. Both Senators from Arizona came to mind but Sinema lives in a heavily Democratic part of Phoenix, and Kelly lives in Tucson that his wife represented in the House, and that's also a predominately D city.

As for recent Democratic Senators, the most obvious would be Heidi Heitkamp, who lives in Mandan, I don't know where exactly but I'd assume it would have to be one of the affluent suburban parts instead of the run down trashy part or "downtown", not that it matters because all of those are quite Republican although the "downtown" area is the least (Trump 59 Biden 35), so she has to live in a precinct that voted for Trump by at least 30 points, (and actually voted heavily for Cramer too come to think of it.) Bill Nelson is also a possibility depending on where in Jacksonville he lives, but I doubt he lives in one of the black areas. Probably not for Claire McCaskill (who lives in Kansas City) or Joe Donnelly (who lives in South Bend) though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 05:29:41 PM »

Also John Thune lives in Sioux Falls, where Biden won most precincts in the city proper (albeit by pretty narrow margins in many cases), so the odds are probably greater than not even he lives in a Biden precinct.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies