Romney 2012: The Last Great White Campaign (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:29:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney 2012: The Last Great White Campaign (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney 2012: The Last Great White Campaign  (Read 14228 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 28, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »

As if throwing bones to specific cultural groups to get their support is any more admirable?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:03:34 AM »

As if throwing bones to specific cultural groups to get their support is any more admirable?

What bones have the Democrats been throwing to Asians, lately? Democrats have naturally become the party of minorities and there are actual reasons for that, not just the usual misinterpreted reverse racism, or whatever. Even though it is (only partially) the result of politically advantageous moves, they've also largely been the right thing to do. There's a difference between that and specifically playing to the white vote, especially with the... unfortunate history that has.

Most cynically, Democrats are giving concessions to minorities for political gain. That's the worst they're doing. At worst, the Republicans are coming off like neo-confederates.
My point is not that it is a bad thing...my point is why is it a problem if Republicans reach out to White Americans as Democrats aim to do with Black/Latino/Gay/etc Americans?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »

It astounds me how a poll out last week shows Romney with ZERO percent of African American support...and this is pinned on Romney while polls showing whites preferring Romney are then attributed- by some- to racism

Let's be consistent... if it is not racist to design a campaign to appeal to minorities (which I do NOT believe is racist), it is also not racist to design a campaign to appeal to whites
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »

Once again...I don't see any difference in method or morals between a campaign boosting white turnout and one boosting black turnout
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies