MI: Trump +2, +3 (Emerson)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:59:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  MI: Trump +2, +3 (Emerson)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI: Trump +2, +3 (Emerson)  (Read 741 times)
Redban

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2024, 06:27:07 AM »

https://emersoncollegepolling.com/michigan-2024-poll-trump-46-biden-44/

Trump 46
Biden 44
Unsure 10

Trump 42
Biden 39
RFK Jr 6
West 1
Stein 1
Unsure 11
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 06:53:55 AM »

Inside MOE and it's RV not LV
Hollywood
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 08:20:27 AM »

Emerson swung 4 points to Trump. 

It also came in line with the Morning Consult Poll that has Trump winning MI with over 75% of the vote. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 09:11:05 AM »

Lol it's MOE
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 09:16:09 AM »

This is the same lead he has in PA, which is way more realistic than Trump+5 MI, Biden+1 PA.
Redban

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 09:22:32 AM »

It also came in line with the Morning Consult Poll that has Trump winning MI with over 75% of the vote.  

They swung 4 points away from Trump. It was Trump +6 last time

Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 09:23:10 AM »

Trump will get 46.
Biden won’t get 44.
Redban

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 09:31:18 AM »

I agree, as RFK Jr will get at least 10% (and Stein + Libertarian + West will get a few percentages). So Biden and Trump will likely get less than those percentages
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 09:35:14 AM »

They swung 4 points away from Trump. It was Trump +6 last time

That Trump+6 poll was never published though.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 09:38:09 AM »

How many different polls did we have over recent weeks and months now with Trump leading in MI? I know the state's polls were off in the past and in both directions, but it's worrisome regardless. I'm beginning to doubt it's really the most likely Trump 2016/Biden 2020 state to stick with Biden. It's a tossup at best, probably even Tilt R as of today.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 09:44:07 AM »

How many different polls did we have over recent weeks and months now with Trump leading in MI? I know the state's polls were off in the past and in both directions, but it's worrisome regardless. I'm beginning to doubt it's really the most likely Trump 2016/Biden 2020 state to stick with Biden. It's a tossup at best, probably even Tilt R as of today.

Do you know it was Biden plus 10 CNN IN DEC ITS MOE 2 pts, Graholm is visiting MI the energy Secretary

This isn't Hogan 17 or lead in MD
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 09:48:30 AM »

If we’re going by Emerson, Trump is leading in all the other battlegrounds as well by 2 or more points.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2024, 09:51:23 AM »

If we’re going by Emerson, Trump is leading in all the other battlegrounds as well by 2 or more points.

Yup, but in MI we had other pollsters as well showing Trump ahead. I don't even recall the latest MI poll in which Biden was leading. There were at least a few polls from other battlegrounds since January that had Biden ahead (like in PA).
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 09:52:49 AM »

I have PA and AZ as the easiest Biden holds.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 09:54:22 AM »

There was a target insyght one a month back, but there has largely been a drought of polling here plus undecideds
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2024, 09:56:36 AM »

Yup, but in MI we had other pollsters as well showing Trump ahead. I don't even recall the latest MI poll in which Biden was leading. There were at least a few polls from other battlegrounds since January that had Biden ahead (like in PA).

Every pollster that has done both states has shown Trump up in both and by similar margins. PA’s in-house pollsters (F&M, Susquehanna) seem very favorable for Biden and MI’s (EPIC-MRA, Glengarriff) for Trump.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2024, 10:47:33 AM »

No Senate numbers…annoying
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2024, 02:58:20 PM »

LOL what kind of crack are people on where they seriously think RFK is getting double digits in November?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2024, 03:27:13 PM »

Biden wouldn't even need all the undecideds to win, so you don't have to do your usual essay, Redban. Trump is basically at his ceiling here, but Biden once again has room to grow. Biden has soft support that will turnout but they aren't plugged in right now.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2024, 04:08:55 PM »

If you use election shuffler and shift Oakland, Grand Traverse, Leelnau, Kent, Ottawa 4% left, shift Wayne, Washtenaw 5% right and shift all the rurals including Saginaw, Genessee, Macomb 5% right you get a statewide result of Dem +0.48%.

This alone should demonstrate how tough it will be for Trump to actually win MI again.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2024, 07:26:26 PM »

Emerson's own graph has shown how messy their polling here has been. Biden +2 in Nov to Trump +6 last month to now Trump +2.
kwabbit

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2024, 08:15:02 PM »

If you use election shuffler and shift Oakland, Grand Traverse, Leelnau, Kent, Ottawa 4% left, shift Wayne, Washtenaw 5% right and shift all the rurals including Saginaw, Genessee, Macomb 5% right you get a statewide result of Dem +0.48%.

This alone should demonstrate how tough it will be for Trump to actually win MI again.

If Trump were to win Michigan by 3 points, it's possible that no counties swing against him and the ones that do would only swing slightly. Trends exist but if there's a substantial swing to one direction it will outweigh those trends. Take 1996-2000 where Gore gained in only a handful of counties and 2004-2008 where McCain only gained in counties with a lot of conservadem unedcuated Whites, or even 2008-2012 where Obama improved in only select counties.

In your example, at least, you are definitely being too favorable to Biden in Oakland and Wayne. Oakland is more varied demographically and has weaker trends than the others you mentioned, plus it also has a pretty sizeable Middle Eastern population as well. The Arab vote in Wayne could shift it up to five points on its own, plus with declining Black turnout and a swing it could be eight points easily. That sounds like a lot, but Wayne shifted nearly 10 points from 2012 to 2016 so it's definitely possible. Shifting both of those 3 points to the right gets you to a Trump +0.5 or so.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies