The Global Treaty Organization (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:40:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Global Treaty Organization (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Global Treaty Organization  (Read 8099 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 21, 2006, 03:15:44 AM »

Apologies for my absense in recent days due to my holiday.

Firtst of all, looking closely at this proposal, I can see no flaws in its principle core values. Secondly, I concur with Supersoulty that defending like minded signatories to these core values does not threaten or undermime our national interests in anyway. But neither can it usurp our membership to the UN, which sadly, due to its global membership includes nations that have the greatest disregard for democracy and human rights, or NATO, which concerns itself with matters of a military rather than a direct humanitarian nature. Instead, the GTO should be a body that compliments these organisations.

I strongly urge the senate to vote in favour of membership but with caution. If you believe in anyway that one or more sections of the bill undermimes national security and the autonomy of one or more branches of the Atlasian state then think carefully before proceeding. I, for one, cannot see such problems.

Secondly concerns have been raised regarding the 'exclusivity' of the GTO as it does not contain many of our long standing allies and partners. This may blunt the legitimacy of any action that Atlasia takes on behalf of other GTO member nations, as opposed to NATO or UN nations. I believe that there is room for expansion, and that this should be generously encouraged.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies