FL-13: Crist running (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:45:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-13: Crist running (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-13: Crist running  (Read 5153 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: October 16, 2015, 12:31:02 PM »

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 01:33:02 PM »

i wonder what office he'll be running for and with which party in 2018 after he loses this. County Commissioner perhaps, as a green?

If he wins the primary for this, he wins the general.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 02:40:56 AM »

For all intents and purposes Charlie Crist is now a Democrat. Its time we red avatars treated him like one.

Until a few years down the road when he becomes a libertarian or green.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 01:09:24 AM »

For all intents and purposes Charlie Crist is now a Democrat. Its time we red avatars treated him like one.
I agree. I don't understand the hatred from the left of Charlie Crist. Like Lincoln Chafee, he was a moderate Republican who had no qualms about disagreeing with his Party's leaders, and when the Party kept moving right-ward, he and Chafee left to become independents and eventually moderate Democrats. Charlie is actually to the left of Hillary, and would make a better President. As a progressive in Florida, I am still bitter that he lost to Rick Scott.

Calling Hillary a moderate is like calling McConnell a moderate - just because someone isn't strictly aligned with the far extremes of their party doesn't mean their own positions are anything less than 100% partisan.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 01:22:51 AM »

I agree. I don't understand the hatred from the left of Charlie Crist. Like Lincoln Chafee, he was a moderate Republican who had no qualms about disagreeing with his Party's leaders, and when the Party kept moving right-ward, he and Chafee left to become independents and eventually moderate Democrats. Charlie is actually to the left of Hillary, and would make a better President. As a progressive in Florida, I am still bitter that he lost to Rick Scott.

Calling Hillary a moderate is like calling McConnell a moderate - just because someone isn't strictly aligned with the far extremes of their party doesn't mean their own positions are anything less than 100% partisan.
Thanks for pointing that out. I should have clarified that when I call someone a moderate, I am talking relative to the Party they are in. I don't think I said Hillary was a moderate. She is a partisan corporatist. She has some moderate positions relative the Democratic Party, and even some liberal ones, but at the end of the day she "represent Wall Street."

Moderate Democrat is generally used interchangeably with DINO. People like Sinema, Donnelly, Tester, etc. qualify. This is literally the first time I've heard someone call Hillary a moderate democrat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies