Obama cripples AIPAC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:58:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama cripples AIPAC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama cripples AIPAC  (Read 3900 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 19, 2016, 07:58:54 AM »

(HINT: the countries killing their own people; not the countries trying to stop onslaught).

Again:

Israel is notorious for killing it's own people. Members of the Palestinian minority are slaughtered by the state every day, and 7/10 of the victims of the Israeli state's ethnic cleansing operation are civilians. I don't see how someone could deny that Israel's human rights record is among the worst of any major country.

And for the record: it's not that we're more frustrated with the atrocities by Israel than Iran because the atrocities committed by the former are worse. The reason that we're more frustrated with Israel's crimes against humanity than Iran's, is because it hits closer to home: most of the people who represent us rightfully call out Iran for it's human rights abuses; on the other hand, both parties bend over backwards to support Israel's barbaric policies, and so much as the slightest criticism of Israel gets one branded as an "anti-Semite".
Comments like this is why people want to know why Jews vote leftist. Yes, Israel has done some bad things, but don't destroy them off the face of the Earth like Hamas wants. It makes it seem like if Hamas has some alliance with the Left.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »

(HINT: the countries killing their own people; not the countries trying to stop onslaught).

Again:

Israel is notorious for killing it's own people. Members of the Palestinian minority are slaughtered by the state every day, and 7/10 of the victims of the Israeli state's ethnic cleansing operation are civilians. I don't see how someone could deny that Israel's human rights record is among the worst of any major country.

And for the record: it's not that we're more frustrated with the atrocities by Israel than Iran because the atrocities committed by the former are worse. The reason that we're more frustrated with Israel's crimes against humanity than Iran's, is because it hits closer to home: most of the people who represent us rightfully call out Iran for it's human rights abuses; on the other hand, both parties bend over backwards to support Israel's barbaric policies, and so much as the slightest criticism of Israel gets one branded as an "anti-Semite".
By the way, why are you so in love with Palestine? What special qualities do they possess?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 08:25:41 AM »

I think 'Israel derangement syndrome' is a much more appropriate term than 'anti-Semitism' for a lot of these sentiments. And, yes, there is a lot of Israel derangement syndrome in this thread.

I would agree, although sentiments like "the world would be a better place if we just nuked the area" are definitely anti-semitic considering what that would entail.
True. I'm neutral on the Israel/Palestinian issue, they'll have to come to an agreement soon, but Jewish Americans look foolish voting for the Democratic Party constantly when they have some anti Semites in the leftist movement.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »

I think 'Israel derangement syndrome' is a much more appropriate term than 'anti-Semitism' for a lot of these sentiments. And, yes, there is a lot of Israel derangement syndrome in this thread.

I would agree, although sentiments like "the world would be a better place if we just nuked the area" are definitely anti-semitic considering what that would entail.
True. I'm neutral on the Israel/Palestinian issue, they'll have to come to an agreement soon, but Jewish Americans look foolish voting for the Democratic Party constantly when they have some anti Semites in the leftist movement.

Because there's no anti-semitism on the right?

There's some forms of anti-Semitism on the right, but it's creeping up on the left. I don't agree with Israel on everything. I'm centrist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies