All-County Sweeps Since 1932 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:56:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  All-County Sweeps Since 1932 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All-County Sweeps Since 1932  (Read 2809 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« on: June 17, 2021, 06:40:27 AM »

2020 was probably Massachusetts, Hawaii, and Rhode Island for the Democrats and West Virginia and Oklahoma for the Republicans. 2024 I think will only be Massachusetts and Hawaii for the Democrats and Oklahoma, West Virginia, Wyoming, and (maybe) Nevada if they play their cards right for the Republicans.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »

2020 was probably Massachusetts, Hawaii, and Rhode Island for the Democrats and West Virginia and Oklahoma for the Republicans. 2024 I think will only be Massachusetts and Hawaii for the Democrats and Oklahoma, West Virginia, Wyoming, and (maybe) Nevada if they play their cards right for the Republicans.

Wyoming hasn't seen an all-Republican county sweep since 2000. Teton County gave Biden 67% of the vote last year; he improved by 10% over Hillary Clinton there. It is absolutely Safe D. Nevada will not be an all-county sweep for Republicans even if they manage to narrowly win the state, as Clark County would probably still go Democratic by around mid single-digits in such a scenario. As for Oklahoma and West Virginia, I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of Oklahoma and Monongalia Counties flipped. Both came close to doing so last year, and Trump failed to obtain an absolute majority in either.
You are probably right. I didn't know that Teton County voted that much for Joe Biden and also originally thought that Oklahoma County and Mongolia County barely gave Donald Trump a majority in 2020. Maybe Massachusetts and Hawaii are the only all-county sweeps in 2024. Also, Nevada probably flips Republican if the margin in Clark County goes down to about D+5 or 6, which is possible in 2024.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies