Worlds Smallest Political Quiz gets overhaul (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:32:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Worlds Smallest Political Quiz gets overhaul (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worlds Smallest Political Quiz gets overhaul  (Read 4635 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: July 16, 2004, 04:54:05 PM »

I agree that this quiz steers social conservatives into the social libertarian category.  It's all in how the questions are worded.

Personally, I scored 100% on Personal, 40% on Economic.

Yes, I have some libertarian leanings, but the quiz says I'm a "left liberal".

stry_cat,

I disagree with your assesment of a typical Republican.

For social issues:

On #1, Republicans hate most regulations on content, such as equal time rules.  They oppose regualtions on political speech (campaign finance reform) and have an inordinate fear that they will have their right to free speech taken away by the PC police.

Republicans believe in total freedom of speech, press, and the Internet for Republicans.  They cherish personal freedom, liberty, and privacy for everyone... except those whose name, skin color, national origin, dress, or religion makes them a possible terrorist.  Then it's all about "National Security."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

OTOH, I have heard a lot of liberal pacifists advocating the draft lately.  The idea is that if everyone's kids are in the military at one time or another, it would make the people much, much more reluctant to go to war.

No, but they do tend to lead the charge when it comes to global free trade agreements (which I happen to agree with).

No, they just want to lower taxes.  Ending services is just a means to an end.  If it's not politically expedient to axe a service, they'll just lower the tax anyway (see "Federal Budget Deficit," page 45).

On this quiz, however, I have a feeling the typical Republican would score as a left-leaning moderate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies