Mid-decade Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:04:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mid-decade Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mid-decade Redistricting  (Read 3037 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: November 21, 2012, 01:40:48 PM »

Veasey: African-American incumbent in a Hispanic plurality district, IIRC

JR: It ended up being better that way, it made the surrounding districts extremely solid R.
Barton and Sessions were held to "only" 58%, that's the closest it got. Then again, Sessions' district at any rate is not going to get any R-friendlier through the decade.

If Lampson had somehow pulled it out in TX14, they could have easily redrawn the map and given Beaumont to Stockman as he's from Orange and the R's worrypoint here is more that Lampson ran 8 points ahead of Obama in Jefferson against a Houston Metro Republican even as it was, not the overall lean of the district.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »

Okay, I'm not sure how I formed the opinion that Stockman was from Orange County. I remember when I looked it up, namely right after I made this map...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view&id=6943

Maybe I memorized what I expected to find rather than what I actually did find? These things happen, the way our mind works.

While he did better than Obama, he probably did worse than he could have done without Obama.   Being perceived as anti-oil is not the best way to get votes in the area with the world's largest refinery.
Yes. Yes, I would very much suppose so. PVI ruled across much of the US these congressional elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies