MA: Amendment of the Mideast Time of Alcohol Sales Statute (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:21:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Amendment of the Mideast Time of Alcohol Sales Statute (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Amendment of the Mideast Time of Alcohol Sales Statute (Failed)  (Read 1952 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »

MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:30:31 AM »

It's not out of any desire of theocracy that I purposed this. My question is why should there be Sunday sales?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:28:51 PM »

My question Napoleon is why should the left in Atlasia get everything it wants and conservatives are always expected to cave in?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 12:32:40 PM »

20RP12: This is an issue in Indiana politics right now I was trying to bring some realism into the discussion. There are many individuals, mostly of the older generation whom I agree with, think that not all of the "blue laws" should be done away with. Its come up also because of the chik-fil-a situation and Rahm Emmanuel's trying to ban them over not having "Chicago values". I wish for the day where religion and politics were less intertwined. Honestly, when I said that to Napoleon I wasn't totally thinking rationally. RL situation had me in an uproar.

Napoleon: Many want to keep Sunday sales banned both out of religious and cultural tradition here in Indiana. Many also want it allowed. It's been an issue in our Assembly in Indiana for several years. Here in Indiana the sale of alcohol is banned not only on Sunday's but on holidays.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »

Likely my amendment.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »

When this comes to a vote, i'll be voting against it. Sorry.
The bill or the JCL amendment?

Is there an amendment?  JCL, I need an answer on if you posted that as an actual amendment to the bill or just part of the discussion.

I had purposed it as an amendment to the bill on the previous page and the responses since have been concerning the amendment.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »

Aye
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »

Nay