The Atlasian Watchguard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:47:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Watchguard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Watchguard  (Read 8500 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An Exclusive Interview with Mr. Jack Polnut

Rocky:  Do you agree with then President Colin Wixted's actions to pardon Keystone Phil? Even though he was banned from holding any form of Atlasian office for 6 months, due to the Jessica Weinstien incident.

Polnut: I do have some concerns with this. If Phil were ineligible to serve as president, then the election should have been re-run with only the other three candidates. But importantly, I don't know under what specific authority the president acted. In the law, what the people want, and what should happen are two different things.

Wow. The misinformation campaign is now bordering on libel.

I won my appeal in the Supreme Court. I wasn't pardoned. Unbelievable.

So you did. My mistake.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2008, 11:17:53 PM »

Ok strike that - re-word... hugs and warm fuzzies. Move on.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2008, 11:31:01 PM »

The Atlasian Watchguard

Rocky:  Do you agree with then President Colin Wixted's actions to pardon Keystone Phil? Even though he was banned from holding any form of Atlasian office for 6 months, due to the Jessica Weinstien incident.

Polnut: I do have some concerns with this. If Phil were ineligible to serve as president, then the election should have been re-run with only the other three candidates. But importantly, I don't know under what specific authority the president acted. In the law, what the people want, and what should happen are two different things.

Dude, its a mistake, Im sure it will be fixed quickly. Slow yourself there Uniter.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2008, 11:58:40 PM »

The Atlasian Watchguard

Dude, its a mistake, Im sure it will be fixed quickly. Slow yourself there Uniter.

I love it when instigators call someone out that person is defending themsevles. You continue to prove yourself to be the joke, Mr. "I have nothing to lose."
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2008, 12:05:02 AM »

The Atlasian Watchguard

I love it when instigators call someone out that person is defending themsevles. You continue to prove yourself to be the joke, Mr. "I have nothing to lose."
You didnt defend yourself. Defending yourself wouldve been "Actually, quick correction: I won my appeal, instead of being pardoned.", not your paranoid rant.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2008, 12:08:35 AM »

You didnt defend yourself. Defending yourself wouldve been "Actually, quick correction: I won my appeal, instead of being pardoned.", not your paranoid rant.

Are you finished obsessing over my every move?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2008, 12:11:38 AM »

Phil, Im going to hold you responsible for your actions. These are not the appropriate actions or words for a President of Atlasia, and I will remind you every time you overstep that bound. In the last 48 hours you have made me quite busy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »

Phil, Im going to hold you responsible for your actions. These are not the appropriate actions or words for a President of Atlasia, and I will remind you every time you overstep that bound. In the last 48 hours you have made me quite busy.

"Hold me responsible."

Ok, so you aren't finished obsessing.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2008, 12:54:02 AM »

Walterstein, not Weinstein.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighborhood Grammar Nazi
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2008, 12:56:59 AM »

"Hold me responsible."

Ok, so you aren't finished obsessing.
A matter of semantics, really, so if you prefer, I both detest and reject Hold you responsible and am obsessing.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »

Sincerely,

It's Grammer Gastapo not Grammer Nazi. The alliteration has a much better ring to it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »

Sincerely,

It's Grammer Gastapo not Grammer Nazi. The alliteration has a much better ring to it.

Grammar, not Grammer.

But I can do Gestapo.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2008, 02:51:36 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2008, 03:05:10 AM by Barry Zuckerkorn »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An Exclusive Interview with District 5 Senator Culture King

Rocky: Why did you choose to join the PLP originally?

Culture King: I originally joined the PLP mainly because of Sensei. I had looked to the parties of Atlasia and to whom I agreed with the most and whom I held in the highest regard and I felt that while progressive Sensei also held practical views that were not too far to the left in the political spectrum. My choices at the time were to either join the PLP or the JCP as I was able to recognize that they both had very similar ideologies, I joined the PLP in part because I thought it would be fun to not be part of the the dominating party of the Pacific.

Rocky: Was your decision to join the JCP simply opportunism, as some have suggested?

Culture King: During the last senatorial election I made the decision that if I campaigned hard and was elected I would stay with the PLP. If not then I would join the JCP. It turned out that there were very few votes and I managed to lose (against a candidate who had no campaign and would eventually resign the seat). That is not to say however that there was not any opportunism in my act. Before the senate election to replace Ebowed Bgwah had invited me to run for the seat, but as a JCP candidate. I had decided to run for the seat against the machine and see what would happen under ideal circumstances but if that failed, meh, I could change registration and run again later. It turned out that I would get the senate seat earlier than I had thought (I never asked Bgwah to give me the seat, he simply appointed me to it after I changed registration). Also I guess I was a little put off by Xarhar blaming me for his lost bid against Friz. The JCP has been kind to me and I am happy that I can be a functioning member of the party. I hope I can still maintain good relations with the PLP, whom I still hold in high regard because I see the PLP and the JCP as partners in a march towards a progressive Atlasia.

Rocky: Do you plan to run for reëlection?

Culture King: I do plan to run for reelection, and I will offer up my views and stances up to the voters, if they agree and believe I will represent them well then I would be glad to serve.

Rocky: What do you want to do in the Senate?

Culture King: Really I would like to be an active voice for the Pacific, for that is what is presently needed. I will be frank and say that I am not the most experienced member of the senate and as such much of this term will be a learning experience, though hopefully I will be able to introduce legislation that can have a positive influence on Atlasia.

Rocky: What issues are important to you?

Culture King: I have two issues of major importance, the environment and education. I believe that everything must be done to protect the environment. I see it as very selfish to not place a high value on the health of our planet, there are many who will come after us and it is our responsibility to make sure the world is in good shape for future generations. Also there is education, which I see as a solution to many of the problems facing Atlasia today. With a proper education system we can help future generations deal with health care, crime rates, and the economy. I guess looking at things I prefer long-term solutions over short term fixes.

Rocky: How do you feel about the current administration?

Culture King: I feel that it is too early to make a clear judgement, though I will say that the promised unity has not yet come to fruit. That being said I wish the administration the best of luck in confronting problems currently facing Atlasia.

Rocky: Thank You for your time Senator Smiley

Culture King: Thank you for your time and the opportunity.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »

The Atlasian Watchguard
An Exclusive Interview with Mideast Governor Happy Warrior

Rocky: Why are you running for the Atlasian Senate?

Happy Warrior: Simply put I feel that I would bring a very bipartisan air to the Senate.  I am probably one of the most moderate members of my own party and have consistantly worked across party and ideological lines.  I for example have largely been a steadfast support of President Phil's choices, though I have of course disagreed with some of them.

Rocky: If elected into the Senate this April, what do you plan to do?

Happy Warrior: Well first I hope to push for agricultural reforms(mainly in the area of subsidies) and make a few of my Mideast reforms national, as well as workers rights.  I also plan to try to grow more involved in foreign affairs.(As can be seen from my work with the SOEA)

Rocky: If you were a member of the current Senate, how would you have voted on the MAS nomination for Attorney-General? And consequently the nomination of your former Lieutenant Governor Peter Bell?

Happy Warrior: Well in the case of MAS I would have most likely voted yes, in no small part due to his excellent work as Governor of the Northeast.  For Peter Bell I would of course support him as one of Atlasia's formost scholars in constitutional law.

Rocky: When you leave the Governor's office at the end of your second term, how would you assess your Governorship?

Happy Warrior: I feel I have had a strong gubernatorial term(despite a few mishaps).  Of course a few times made mistakes such as the cloning and term limits propositions which I have since reounced.  However I think I have made great strides for the common Mideasterner with things like the anti union busting act and mixed ethnicity bill.

Rocky: Recently you have declined to run for re-election as Governor of the Mideast. Former Governor Inks and Lieutenant Governor Constine are running for the position, who do you plan to endorse for the governorship and why?

Happy Warrior: I have at the moment not decided.  Both are excellent candidates.  Inks is extremely experienced and reliable while ben is more in line with my own and the region's ideological views.  However I have worries of Inks's views clashing with Mideastern voters's.  Meanwhile ben wants to try such far left ideas as the cloning act and term limits again.  They have been voted down once, why try again?  I have long ago renounced both personally.

Rocky: If you are not elected this April into the Atlasian Senate, would you consider a possible run for the Presidency or the Vice Presidency?

Happy Warrior: I do not think I am yet ready for the presidency of Atlasia, though I may run as Vice President with a candidate if the chance arises.  Most likely if I lose I will devote my time to more scholarly pursuits, maybe write a book.  Though I plan to make ANN active again.

Rocky: Thank You for your time Senator

HappyWarrior: Thanks for your time Smiley

If you would like to be interviewed by Rocky PM him Here
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »

I would like to state that I will not attempt to pass Term Limits, which I oppose, and I voted against them when they were on the ballot.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2008, 07:56:33 AM »

Please read: https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Farm_Subsidies_Abolition_Act

(the title is misleading)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2008, 08:39:19 AM »

Thanks Al, I'd never seen that before.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »

Bump.

Interesting to see how much Atlasia has changed in four months.

I want you to resurrect this, Conor.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies