If you were a member of Congress, would you attend Netanyahu's speech? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:50:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If you were a member of Congress, would you attend Netanyahu's speech? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ??
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

No (D)

No (R)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 127

Author Topic: If you were a member of Congress, would you attend Netanyahu's speech?  (Read 9712 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: March 02, 2015, 11:33:06 PM »

I'm pro-Israel and a zionist, but I would not.

Netanyahu is flagrantly interfering with US politics as he has for some time.  He acts like the Republican governor of Israel.  During the 2012 election, he essentially endorsed Romney and now he's trying to punk our President, by trying to play Congress against Obama.  It's ridiculous.  We defend Israel, not the other way around.  You can't strong-arm the President of the United States, even if you're our closest ally.  Bibi needs to follow the sage advice of professional wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, "Know your role and shut your mouth."
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:23:07 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2015, 08:24:53 AM by bedstuy »

If America were facing a hostile power possibly gaining nuclear weapons a stone's throw away from us, there is no way we would hesitate to exploit political divisions in another country if it would help our perceived interest. 
Iran isn't trying to exploit divisions in America Huh

How is Israel threatening Iran?  Let's be real here.  Israel has justifiable defense concerns about Iran, who already have a proxy army on Israel's border and supply Hamas with rockets.  Not to mention that fact that they have literally said they want to destroy Israel.  Israel, on the other hand, only wants peace and defends itself.  But, I guess facts don't matter to you anyway.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 10:11:42 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2015, 10:30:26 AM by bedstuy »

If America were facing a hostile power possibly gaining nuclear weapons a stone's throw away from us, there is no way we would hesitate to exploit political divisions in another country if it would help our perceived interest. 

How is Israel threatening Iran?  Let's be real here.  Israel has justifiable defense concerns about Iran, who already have a proxy army on Israel's border and supply Hamas with rockets.  Not to mention that fact that they have literally said they want to destroy Israel.  Israel, on the other hand, only wants peace and defends itself.  But, I guess facts don't matter to you anyway.

It also wants a sizable portion of the West Bank. Are you suggesting that rabid settler fundies burning mosques and vandalizing and demolishing Palestinian homes and lands is done in self defense?

Those are separate issues, mostly because the West Bank does not include Iran. 

But, as long as there is a conflict over the West Bank, it's apparently open season to kill Jews and threaten mass genocide.  I guess that's the logic.  And, if you think Iran or any Arab country cares about the plight of the Palestinian people, you're incredibly naive. 

But, let's agree to disagree because this is not an issue that leads to productive rational discussion.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:54:38 PM »

It also wants a sizable portion of the West Bank. Are you suggesting that rabid settler fundies burning mosques and vandalizing and demolishing Palestinian homes and lands is done in self defense?

Those are separate issues, mostly because the West Bank does not include Iran. 

But, as long as there is a conflict over the West Bank, it's apparently open season to kill Jews and threaten mass genocide.  I guess that's the logic.  And, if you think Iran or any Arab country cares about the plight of the Palestinian people, you're incredibly naive. 

But, let's agree to disagree because this is not an issue that leads to productive rational discussion.

Why are those separate issues but somehow the Charlie Hebdo killings, the Gaza War, and Iran's tasteless but impotent "omg death to teh Jewz" rube-baiting are all evidence of Monolithic Islamism?

Those are separate issues.  Get a map, Israel does not border Iran.  

As for that Islamism comment, what are you referring to?  Are you making an analogy to something  I said or just a stupid idea in general?  I'm confused.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies