TN-Gov: Karl Dean running, Mark Green out (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:33:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-Gov: Karl Dean running, Mark Green out (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN-Gov: Karl Dean running, Mark Green out  (Read 8294 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 27, 2017, 12:42:27 PM »

This is probably as good of a get as Dems can get here.

Now to see if they can get the Ol' Indian Outlaw to jump in for Senate... I won't hold my breath
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:20:23 PM »

Now to see if they can get the Ol' Indian Outlaw to jump in for Senate... I won't hold my breath

Huh

Tim McGraw.

Who's first big hit is the idiotic but supremely catchy "Indian Outlaw."

I saw him in concert in Spokane about 18 months ago, as a sidenote. I've never been in proximity to that concentration of testorone in my life, and I played football and was in a fraternity. Also, the stereotypes about female behavior at concerts is 100% true
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »

Huh

Tim McGraw.

Who's first big hit is the idiotic but supremely catchy "Indian Outlaw."

I saw him in concert in Spokane about 18 months ago, as a sidenote. I've never been in proximity to that concentration of testorone in my life, and I played football and was in a fraternity. Also, the stereotypes about female behavior at concerts is 100% true

I think there might be something like that about country music concerts, haha.

Re: masculinity and testosterone: a lot of people close to me were shocked to learn that I voted for Clinton given my redneck-ish tendencies, and like you, was big into football and baseball in high school and a fraternity at Mizzou (but not at Cornell). Though a lot of my old fraternity brothers who were otherwise pretty Republican voted for Clinton or Johnson, too, so I guess I'm not too big of an outlier.

What frat were you in? I was a Theta Chi for my freshman year, dropped the frat afterwards
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 09:35:21 AM »

Tim McGraw can't beat Corker (or Haslam if Corker steps aside), no way. Senate races are way too partisan these days.

Probably not... but that'd be one hell of a campaign
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 06:46:10 PM »

Tim McGraw can't beat Corker (or Haslam if Corker steps aside), no way. Senate races are way too partisan these days.

Probably not... but that'd be one hell of a campaign
Tim McGraw running for office was always about a theoretical Gubernatorial campaign anyway, right?

I think so, yes
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 05:48:03 PM »

State Sen. Mark Green (R-Clarksville) was thought to be a frontrunner in this race.  I hadn't decided on anybody yet, but I liked him a lot (I once asked him about why we don't have a 20-week abortion ban yet and he said it was because that bill wouldn't completely end abortion, for example).  Anyway, he will do well in his new job, I'm sure.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mark-green-army-secretary-trump-tap-sources-236195

Superior choice to Viola, not that SecArmy does much
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 03:20:13 PM »

So, who is the R frontrunner now? Fincher? Black? Blackburn?

Probably Diane Black or Randy Boyd, but a lot can still happen

I don't know anything about Boyd's politics, but I've heard genuinely good things about him as a person so if there has to be a Republican Governor I hope it's him.

Boyd is a close Haslam ally and would likely be similar

Tennessee seems well run, so that sounds good to me
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 12:16:19 AM »

That's quite a haul
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies