🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 3.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:12:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 3.0 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇵🇹 Portugal's politics and elections 3.0  (Read 70539 times)
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« on: January 05, 2023, 02:40:50 PM »

Smart of Pedro Nuno Santos to jump from this sinking ship. It's clear that Costa is over and we are getting an early election sooner or later.

It certainly has a bit of a Boris Johnson feel to it. I'm still a proponent that constant elections are a worse alternative than a simpler PM and cabinet change though, I don't think it"s good for countries to go down a path to becoming like Israel.

Don't want to Britpost but this has a Britain circa Nov '21 - Apr '22 feel to it. During that time things were a mess but Boris (like Costa) was fairly secure.

It all turned to poo very quickly aftet that though. Things could go south all at once for Costa in the coming months if he is perceived as the root of the malaise.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023, 03:05:35 PM »

why isn't the PSD surging instead of just being tied with the PS

Just think back to all the jokes about "CON+5" from 2021 when it seemed no matter what they did, the Tories remained just ahead of Labour.

Then it all fell apart very, very quickly.

So far the Aliança Luso-Inglesa seems to have lead to Portugal following Britain's political trajectory since 2019, and it may well continue.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 12:45:18 PM »

Don't want to Britpost but this has a Britain circa Nov '21 - Apr '22 feel to it. During that time things were a mess but Boris (like Costa) was fairly secure.

It all turned to poo very quickly after that though. Things could go south all at once for Costa in the coming months if he is perceived as the root of the malaise.
Just think back to all the jokes about "CON+5" from 2021 when it seemed no matter what they did, the Tories remained just ahead of Labour.

Then it all fell apart very, very quickly.

Could I be proved right and this breaks the dam for the PSD, like what eventually happened for Labour in Great Britain?
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 03:03:25 PM »

I'd be tempted by Chega but I prefer Porto to Benfica so clearly not the party for me.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 04:30:14 PM »

Is it thought likely that the AD will become a perma-coalition, de-facto single party similar to the L/NP Coalition or Union? CDS have no reason to believe they will one day be relavent alone again.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2024, 04:00:51 PM »

Portuguese polling is dogshit and I'm all here for it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies