Assuming there's a "hidden" or "shy" Trump vote that polls haven't picked up.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:56:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Assuming there's a "hidden" or "shy" Trump vote that polls haven't picked up.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What would happen to the polling industry if the shy Trump vote is real and the election turns out like 2016?
Nothing

They would make more adjustments

The polling industry would collapse entirely

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Assuming there's a "hidden" or "shy" Trump vote that polls haven't picked up....  (Read 735 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 23, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »

Oh it's real. It's just a question of percentages. People either won't tell pollsters or lie to them to mess with them. If Trump wins bigly; I except the industry to implode.

I have a feeling there will be less polling companies by 2024 if Trump wins by this miracle margin of error.

The only saving grace is that they got the 2018 midterms right.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 08:41:00 PM »

Oh it's real. It's just a question of percentages. People either won't tell pollsters or lie to them to mess with them. If Trump wins bigly; I except the industry to implode.

Why don’t Trump supporters just man the f**k up and be proud of who they support?

I'd say your typical shy Trump supporter is someone in a deep blue State like California, New York, Massachusetts, and I think there's a high % of them that might be African American, Hispanic (mainly Mexican or Puerto Rican), and Asian.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 08:50:29 PM »

Why don’t Trump supporters just man the f**k up and be proud of who they support?

I'd say your typical shy Trump supporter is someone in a deep blue State like California, New York, Massachusetts, and I think there's a high % of them that might be African American, Hispanic (mainly Mexican or Puerto Rican), and Asian.

But they're not telling their neighbor/friend/coworker. They're talking to some anonymous call center worker who doesn't know or GAF about them and vice versa.

That's reasonable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies