Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:13:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel General Elections || 23.03.2021  (Read 70634 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: December 25, 2020, 11:10:27 PM »

This thread is for discussing an election, please.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 12:10:38 AM »

Filled it out for fun:

Blue and White +15
Yesh Atid +12
Yisrael Beiteinu +9
New Hope/Yamina +8
Labor/Meretz +5
Religious Zionist/Likud +4
New Economy +3
Joint List 0
Ra'am -2
Shas/UTJ -3

It seems like certain parties have less specific platforms (or less extreme ones), and it's not possible to get very high scores for those parties. My actual sympathies in this election are with Beiteinu.
Yes, I think so — I also got +16 Blue and White (and +10 YB!), and I suspect you and I would not have the exact same priorities here. (Meretz +24 and Joint List +20, for the record.) I noticed that Yamina was the only party to express any disagreement with most of the labor/welfare state issues.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 04:53:49 PM »

If this happens... Did they just get straight cash from Netanyahu, enough to all retire and leave politics? Because I can't imagine anyone who voted for Ra'am this time ever voting for them again after propping up Netanyahu, and Ra'am is explicitly an Islamic party so can't even get Christian or Druze Arab votes, where there might be some support for Netanyahu. And I doubt the Joint List would let them back on next time around.
As I understand it, Ra'am's whole platform this election was promising to work with anyone to get into government in exchange for various policies (more public sector jobs for Arabs, that kind of thing) — they were elected by people who want them to do exactly this. On its face, propping up Netanyahu's government may be unpopular, but once we get a university and an international airport in every random Bedouin village, maybe not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies