Progressive Caucus Stuff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:52:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Progressive Caucus Stuff
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Progressive Caucus Stuff  (Read 3276 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2005, 07:26:33 PM »

I will shortly be opening the Progressive Caucus endorsement poll for all the Senate races and other elections for next weekend. This vote opens immediately and closes at midnight Tuesday/Wednesday. Voting in this thread.

Given recent changes, I am also going to issue new advice (see this post for previous advice):

In the District 5 Special election, I recommend the endorsement of DanielX for the reasons I had previously stated.

In the District 4 race, I have given more consideration, and I stand by my original recommendation of John Dibble. I would however stress that I also support Ebowed highly, but I find the "No Abortion whatsoever" position to be too strong for me to recommend him over Dibble.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2005, 07:38:19 PM »

Whilst his ideological insanity is not that of neo-Conservatism,

Explain?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2005, 07:43:53 PM »

Explain?

The quote if I remember my own speech correctly is a reference to PBrunsel. I do not find PBrunsel's particular brand of ideology as insane as neoconservatism. Quite how you categorise PBrunsel is not an easy task: He certainly bears some hallmarks of the Religious Right, but he is also much more economically conservative than most in that camp. If I knew more about Herbert Hoover, I would probably say that PBrunsel was a Hoover Republican, but I don't really know.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2005, 07:47:36 PM »

Explain?

The quote if I remember my own speech correctly is a reference to PBrunsel. I do not find PBrunsel's particular brand of ideology as insane as neoconservatism. Quite how you categorise PBrunsel is not an easy task: He certainly bears some hallmarks of the Religious Right, but he is also much more economically conservative than most in that camp. If I knew more about Herbert Hoover, I would probably say that PBrunsel was a Hoover Republican, but I don't really know.

I know the context, but it makes no sense that you (or any other progressive) would say that PBrunsel's ideology is more offensive than mine.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2005, 07:50:23 PM »

I know the context, but it makes no sense that you (or any other progressive) would say that PBrunsel's ideology is more offensive than mine.

My reasons are my own, whether others hold them, I don't know.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2005, 07:57:24 PM »

My reasons are my own, whether others hold them, I don't know.

And what reason's are those?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies