Sanders, Warren, Booker sponsor bill to ban factory farming by 2040 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:13:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sanders, Warren, Booker sponsor bill to ban factory farming by 2040 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders, Warren, Booker sponsor bill to ban factory farming by 2040  (Read 3044 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: August 11, 2020, 06:51:55 PM »

I approve.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 06:29:52 PM »

Also why are people so upset over the animal treatment itself?
It’s not like they are human.

We should worry more about antibiotic resistance and environmental impacts than how some pigs feel.

SOMEBODY HOLD ME BACK!

I'm slightly exaggerating but I had a pet pig and most people don't realize how intelligent and full of personality they are. They became my favorite animals after owning one. They aren't just food to me. I don't eat pork, and rarely any other kind of meat actually, for that obvious reason and wish others wouldn't, but I get that it's difficult to alter entire diets and industries over my personal sympathies. I mean, eating meat is a natural function in nature, I am not inherently anti-meat, but carnivores in the wild don't put their prey in gestation crates and make their life, no matter how short, more miserable than it needs to be before they're slaughtered.

Call me a pansy all you want, but I just feel like animals should be given at least a little more dignity for ethical reasons before they are made to serve their purpose, at least until plant-based foods or meat derived from cells becomes mainstream and change the entire meat industry as we know it.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies