Sanders, Warren, Booker sponsor bill to ban factory farming by 2040 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:40:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sanders, Warren, Booker sponsor bill to ban factory farming by 2040 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders, Warren, Booker sponsor bill to ban factory farming by 2040  (Read 3053 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: August 16, 2020, 07:10:41 PM »

If improving the standard of living of an animal comes at even a slight expense to human standards of living, there's no reason to implement that change.

I really want to f#ck a dog.  Why should some dog's standard of living come at the expense of my raging boner?

Ejaculation, unlike access to affordable and healthy food, is not directly related to one's standard of living.

You can get both those things without eating meat.

I am not a vegan/vegetarian and I do not believe that animals and humans are entitled to the same rights, but you are setting a very cruel standard by disregarding the animals' welfare completely.

I'm not disregarding animal welfare at all. I'm just acknowledging the simple fact that, as humans, we should value our own welfare above that of all other species. If we're able to improve the standards of living for animals without causing harm to our standards of living, the economy, or people's health, we should pursue that. I think growing meat in labs is the path forward to doing this. However, our current technology doesn't allow for that yet, so until then, I will sleep peacefully knowing that every cow, chicken, and pig that dies does so for a good cause. Meat is an integral part of the human diet, and no reputable anthropologist will tell you that our species is anything but omnivorous.

I certainly agree. I'm not too knowledgeable about "good" agricultural practices, but I'm skeptical that this bill is the best solution to this problem. And I couldn't imagine life without meat. I'm an enthusiastic omnivore, and I wouldn't want to give that up willingly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies