Did you have to take swimming lessons in school? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:47:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did you have to take swimming lessons in school? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Did you have to take swimming lessons in school?  (Read 2395 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:23 AM »

No, I "taught" myself to swim - in an instant. That occurred after water was put in the new pool my parents built, when I was about 4 years old, and my father was throwing pennies into the pool for my older brother to dive in and collect. That simply could not stand. I just dived in to secure my share. That is a true story. Greed is a very powerful human emotion. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »

knowing how to swim has a much more positive effect on my daily life than knowing basic algebra...

You will have difficultly valuing income real estate in CA then, which requires use of algebraic simultaneous equations, because as the purchase price goes up, so does the 1% property tax, thereby reducing the net income, thereby reducing its value. In other words, there are two linked moving targets, so you need to use one of those equations that has  x's and y's in it. See, sometimes this esoterica is useful in real life, outside nerdville. Who knew?  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies