The F-22 voting thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:37:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The F-22 voting thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The F-22 voting thread  (Read 4330 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2004, 06:13:55 PM »
« edited: November 14, 2004, 07:39:27 PM by John Ford »

Recently, the US military excercised a war game with India.  It focused on air to air combat.  US F-15C fighters, a fighter that has never lost a air combat battle took on the newest Russian made aircraft, the Su-30 (part of the new Su-27 family).  A few months before, we did a similar excercise where the F-15C took on the new Eurofighter.

In both excercises, the United States got its @$$ handed to it on a silver platter with a dash of oregano.

The F-15C is no inferior to the top line fighters in service with England, Spain, Italy, Germany, Russia, India, and China.  Presumably, it is also inferior to French warplanes like the Rafale, which are now comparable to the Eurofighter in use with the British, Spanish, Italian, and German air forces.

This marks the first time since the ME-262 that the US isn't flying the world's best aircraft.  But there is an answer.

The F-22 Raptor, the new air superiority fighter designated to enter service with the US Air Force in 2004 in real life can smoke any of these fighters we have to compete with.  The new Joint Strike Fighter, the new all purpose fighter, is also capable of this feat, though it is still inferior to the F-22 in air combat capability.

I would like the Senate to accelerate the developement of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program.  I'd also like a 10-year, $30 billion spplement to the F-22 program that would revie the naval variant of the plane that was cancelled by the Clinton administration.  The total cost would be $4.5 billion per year.  This is a small rpice to maintain air superiority, which we have now lost.

Why expand a cold war style legacy sytem, you ask?  How are Senators supposed to get frightened about the French air force?  Its simple.  How long will it be before cash strapped Russia starts selling the Su-27 to North Korea or Iran?  What assurance is there that Jacquea Chirac will not sell the stealthy Rafale to a country like Iran or Libya?  If this happenned, the US could be at a technological disadvantage with all of our potential adversaries.  Furthermore, if the Eurofighter and Rafale programs, not to mention the new line of Sukhoi fighters, go forward while the JSF program does not, the US will have its aeronautics industry cleaned out as Europe and Russia take over the role of arming our current clients like Japan and Israel.  Millions of jobs are at stake here.

Like my missile defense request, I belive tis is tremendously important, and not overwhelmingly expensive.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 06:22:23 PM »

$500 million a year...that seems reasonable.

Once we figure out our income, we can probably allocate this money. So far we only have $1 billion in approved spending. If we can get just $500 billion in income, we might be able to be wealthy nation.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 06:28:34 PM »

$500 million a year...that seems reasonable.

Once we figure out our income, we can probably allocate this money. So far we only have $1 billion in approved spending. If we can get just $500 billion in income, we might be able to be wealthy nation.

Sorry, that was a typo.  Should be $4.5 billion.  The 4 just didn't register.  Fixed now.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 06:31:47 PM »

Alright then...that would give the Defense Department $5.5 Billion...$1 billion for Energy...and I would like to give $250 million to the Forum Affairs Department.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 06:29:47 PM »

I'd also like a vote on this issue.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 08:39:41 PM »

I'm not usually a huge fan on increased military spending, but we need a military second to none.  I therefore favor this.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 07:59:02 PM »

I, too, fully support this supplemental to ensure that our air force is second to none.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2004, 08:02:24 PM »

As a constituent of District One, I am writing this to the Senate to encourage its members (most especially my local Senators) to vote for the F-22 program. This nation must, in order to defend itself (and kick terrorists in the @$$), have the best weapons in the world, even if it costs a little money that could otherwise go to boondoggle social programs.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2004, 08:53:19 PM »

As a constituent of District One, I am writing this to the Senate to encourage its members (most especially my local Senators) to vote for the F-22 program. This nation must, in order to defend itself (and kick terrorists in the @$$), have the best weapons in the world, even if it costs a little money that could otherwise go to boondoggle social programs.
I also incourage my senators(hopefully NYGOP) to vote for this funding our defense secretary asked for.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 05:19:09 PM »

I would like to encourage my senators, Irish Democrat and Defarge, to vote for this proposition. We need to keep our military strong and the only way to do that is to increase the spending on new technologies and new techniques of warfare.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 05:32:34 PM »

I forgot about this...

All infavor say AYE
All oppose say NAY

Only Senators of the 3rd Session will be allowed to vote (as listed below).

Senator Nation (UAC-NY)
Senator IrishDemocrat (D-PA)
Senator Akno21 (D-MD)
Senator Migrendel (UL-MA)
Senator Hughento (IP-IA)
Senator Texasgurl (D-WI)
Senator StatesRights (SR-FL)
Senator Harry (D-MS)
Senator King (UAC-CA)
Senator StevenNick (R-WA)

Aye
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 08:12:53 PM »

I must follow the words of President Dwight D. Eisenhower "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, is a theft from those who hunger and are not fed; those who are cold and are not clothed."

Nay.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 08:59:02 PM »

Aye.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 09:46:02 PM »

I must follow the words of President Dwight D. Eisenhower "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, is a theft from those who hunger and are not fed; those who are cold and are not clothed."

Nay.

Of course, the hungry and the cold would not be able to enjoy the privilege of being alive if our warships, our rockets, our guns, and our planes were not there to protect us from those who would do us harm.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 09:49:10 PM »

Nay.

Of course, the hungry and the cold would not be able to enjoy the privilege of being alive if our warships, our rockets, our guns, and our planes were not there to protect us from those who would do us harm.

Of course, the hungry and the cold often experience our rockets crashing into their wedding parties as well. There are billions of hungry and cold people whose existence has nothing to do with the United States military.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 11:11:51 PM »

I wonder why so many weddings are being bombed. Are there really that many getting married???
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2004, 11:30:26 PM »

I would suspect, but cannot prove, that one or perhaps both of two things is going on:

1) Insurgents are using weddings to conceal their meetings.
2) Insurgents are feeding false intelligence that weddings are their meetings.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 01:33:55 AM »

First, a lot of times it seems that we'll hit some insurgents and they'll claim it was a wedding party.  Weddings in the middle east often have people firing into the air in celebration, and to many this cover story seems feasible after the US actually did hit a wedding party in Afghanistan.

Second, what Ike meant was that we should lament the need to spend money on defense, not that we should question the need.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 03:14:01 AM »

Aye
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2004, 08:26:08 PM »

Oh yes. Only these people can vote since it is part of the 3rd Senate:

Senator Nation (UAC-NY)
Senator IrishDemocrat (D-PA)
Senator Akno21 (D-MD)
Senator Migrendel (UL-MA)
Senator Hughento (IP-IA)
Senator Texasgurl (D-WI)
Senator StatesRights (SR-FL)
Senator Harry (D-MS)
Senator King (UAC-CA)
Senator StevenNick (R-WA)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2004, 08:33:52 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2004, 08:37:32 PM by Senator Defarge »

Nm
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 08:36:24 PM »

Aye.  Our military must, now and forever, be the greatest in the world

Defarge, you weren't representing your district when this was up to vote. Your vote is invalid, since this is technically still part of the 3rd Senate.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 08:38:31 PM »

Aye
King
Texasgurl
IrishDemocrat

Nay
Akno21

Not Voted Yet
Nation
StevenNick
StatesRights
Harry
Hughento
Migrendel
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 08:42:32 PM »

We must not allow bureuacratic inefficiency delay funding for our military!  Therefore, I cast a purely symbolic "aye" for this bill.  Throughout America's history, the military has complained of inefficency and delays in legislative efforts to get them the resources they need to protect us.  We must not allow Atlasia to follow the same mold.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

We must not allow bureuacratic inefficiency delay funding for our military!  Therefore, I cast a purely symbolic "aye" for this bill.  Throughout America's history, the military has complained of inefficency and delays in legislative efforts to get them the resources they need to protect us.  We must not allow Atlasia to follow the same mold.

I have taken note of your support for the military and I appreciate it greatly.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies