Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:14:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Sanders surrogate brings up Monica Lewinsky in attack on Clinton  (Read 1774 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2016, 05:59:32 PM »

A very important difference, actually. He was a boss, she was his employee. It's still very inappropriate in a professional sense, even though the impeachment circus was nothing short of bulls**t.

That being said, the whole matter is absolutely irrelevant regarding this election. I'm really disappointed Bernie campaign is dodging addressing Dawson's remarks, while Hillary campaign said "thank you, bye" to Ferraro after her 2008 comment.

And, yeah, it was quite dumb politically.

Well, it certainly was inappropriate from my point of view, and I generally don't think bosses should be screwing their subordinates. However, when I say that, I only think it's "wrong" in that I frown on it, but no one should lose their jobs or really get in trouble. At most, move her to another building and give her another position (which, iirc, they did do).

The reason I posted that image/remark is because despite being inappropriate, she is a grown woman. She could have declined his advances, or requested to be moved as stated above, or quit entirely. Hell, she could have went to the press, and with that, she has an enormous amount of power, arguably more than Clinton himself. Instead, she willingly engaged in an affair. She had options, and she instead did something she wanted to do.

But for the record, there are positions I feel differently about. Teacher/student relationships are a no-no for me if it is high school, but mainly for age/maturity-related reasons, among others.

Completely agree with you Virginia.
And yes .... teacher/student relationships in High School are a NO-NO.
And obviously in Jr. High or Middle Schools also.
Anyone under 18, adults should stay away. And I will always blame the adult over the child (yes "child'), regardless if it is consensual. (IMO)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies