SENATE BILL: The It's Not Up To You Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:58:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The It's Not Up To You Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The It's Not Up To You Act (Law'd)  (Read 3303 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: August 04, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »

I'm away.

See you monday
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:06:43 AM »

You probably think you're clever or funny (I do not), but was it really that hard to notice everything you posted was an empty quote, single word, or barely complete sentence.

I will post here later can't do this sh**t on planes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2013, 10:28:55 PM by Senator Napoleon »

To everyone who hasn't been a douche, I apologize for not being able to advocate for this bill when it reached the floor. I was away for the weekend and while I did have internet access from my phone for short periods of time, at large concerts it's almost impossible to get service because there is so many people and even then its difficult to post lengthy posts as I believe this bill deserves.

Now I don't know about all of you but I was left absolutely heartbroken learning that we've become a complacent nation allowing creeps and killers like Kermit Gosnell to run rampant with our young women, and to do so for the sole purpose of having a feel-good law on the books. Late term abortions are not ideal- for that reason, they constitute less than 1% of all abortions and tend to occur for very non-negotiable reasons. Women don't want to cart around a fetus for 8 months just so they can get rid of it. Circumstances change and the law should be able to account for that. I don't want our young women subject to the likes of Gosnell or the next one. Abortions should be SAFE, LEGAL, and RARE. This law makes them unsafe, illegal, and they occur with the same frequency.

However, I think that there are social benefits to keeping abortion RARE. So I propose tripling the funding for our safe sex education programs, to protect women from the emotional trauma that this sort of choice may inflict and for other reasons. By going after the cause, you can solve the problem. Forcing 1% of terminations underground into the hands of Gosnell does not reduce abortions but ensuring that contraceptives are accessible and that sex education is well-funded will reduce the number of abortions dramatically.

I'm not asking you to vote for more abortions. I'm asking you to vote against the Gosnells of this nation and allow us to regulate abortions and ensure that they are done safely.

It usually doesn't take more than a couple of sentences to get debate going.

And with ten members here, it doesn't take me either.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I wasn't online most of the day and I didn't have access to a computer. Oh, and it takes longer than five minutes, unless you think the Senate deserves a half-ass bullsh**t post. I didn't think so.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 11:01:14 PM »

I'm assuming its normal to refer to those not yet "of age" as children in Australia; to me it sounds really creepy Brave New World-esque lol. I try not to think about eight year olds having sex. Wink

I don't support the complete repeal of FL 52-2, as I don't see the restrictions as cumbersome or unreasonable.

While the restrictions don't give the initial appearance of such, look no further than the practical application of such a policy to see where we lead to. Kermit Gosnell is not the only one, and these people are empowered by a status quo that allows them to work unchecked and unregulated.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »

Hostile as it gets
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »

Did you read the link I posted? I don't see what could be much worse than allowing these guys to make millions.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 02:25:52 AM »

I have a question. Do we have safe surrender in Atlasia?

Yes. But I don't think that's an excuse to continue with these completely arbitrary trimester restrictions. Birth is the proper cut off, it makes sense legally.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 12:03:26 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2013, 12:05:11 PM by Senator Napoleon »

I have a question. Do we have safe surrender in Atlasia?

Yes. But I don't think that's an excuse to continue with these completely arbitrary trimester restrictions. Birth is the proper cut off, it makes sense legally.

I just want to clarify... so you feel that a woman should be able to have an abortion, even if there's no medical need, and the foetus could survive outside of the womb, up until the point of birth?

Abortions for medical need are banned under the current law, Senator. And frankly there are "viable" nonperson fetuses that will he aborted because this is an arbitrary restriction not grounded in legal or medical reality. Its an emotional reaction and nothing more.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 08:50:07 PM »

I will have an amendment soon
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »

Amendment to Section 1 of this act:
[qupte]Section 1 of the Late Term Abrtion Restriction Act is amended:

1. Abortion in the third trimester of a pregnancy, hereby defined as the 28th estimated week of gestation, shall not be performed in the Republic of Atlasia.

2. Restrictions on abortion shall not apply in the following circumstances: a. The pregnancy threatening the life of the mother. b. The pregnancy showing signs of severe birth defect c. the health of the mother, as determined by a primary care physician independent of the medical professional performing the abortion.

For the purposes of this text, a severe birth defect is defined as being an abnormality, which produces a likely chance that the child will be afflicted with immense pain, have a severely limited functioning capacity, or be at significant risk of an early death.  [/quote]

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »

I'd rather have 2 or 3 doctors define this, as it is in Britain, because I suspect this bill will just lead to their being a designated abortion doctor in every town or city who would greenlight every operation.

That's why I made a primary care physician responsible for signing off, so someone who provides the abortion doesn't have a conflict of interest..
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies