Fastest Growing Counties for each state? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Fastest Growing Counties for each state? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fastest Growing Counties for each state?  (Read 9625 times)
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« on: August 09, 2007, 08:01:30 PM »

The fastest growing county (borough) in Alaska is Matanuska-Susitna. Its a little north of Anchorage. It grew 35.7% between 4/1/00 and 7/1/06, by far the biggest increase in AK. I assume it is like a suburban area for Anchorage.

Correct. Smiley I didn't think too many people know that. The Mat-Su borough is growing almost as fast as Arizona is. Eagle River is a community in the far northeastern part of Anchorage. I would say that is more of a suburb to Anchorage than the Mat-Su borough. But a lot of Anchorage residents are moving out there. Something like 30% of the workers in Wasilla and Palmer (the biggest cities in that borough) commute to Anchorage.

Also, one of those "bridges to nowhere" was going to be another connection between Anchorage and the Mat-Su.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 05:18:50 PM »

The fastest growing county (borough) in Alaska is Matanuska-Susitna. Its a little north of Anchorage. It grew 35.7% between 4/1/00 and 7/1/06, by far the biggest increase in AK. I assume it is like a suburban area for Anchorage.

Correct. Smiley I didn't think too many people know that. The Mat-Su borough is growing almost as fast as Arizona is. Eagle River is a community in the far northeastern part of Anchorage. I would say that is more of a suburb to Anchorage than the Mat-Su borough. But a lot of Anchorage residents are moving out there. Something like 30% of the workers in Wasilla and Palmer (the biggest cities in that borough) commute to Anchorage.

Also, one of those "bridges to nowhere" was going to be another connection between Anchorage and the Mat-Su.

Do you know btw why there are no AK county election results ?

Election votes were counted by House districts of the Alaska legislature. And as jimrtex pointed out, there are 40 of those. I guess it's like a county substitute, or something. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies