2004 Presidential Results of the wealthiest county in each state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:37:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2004 Presidential Results of the wealthiest county in each state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Results of the wealthiest county in each state  (Read 19886 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: May 07, 2007, 03:43:48 PM »

What are the electoral vote results on that first map?  Btw, very interesting.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 04:09:26 AM »

I don't really think that per-capita income is a good measure of how wealthy a given area is; I think on per-capita income, the wealthiest county in NY is New York (Manhtten) ? Which is an absurdity when you consider quite how poor large tracts of the borough are (in both relative and *absolute* terms).
IMO a wealthy area shouldn't include large numbers of poor (or even working class!) people.

The percentage of poor in Manhattan is much lower than in rural areas, or even in Brooklyn, even if you adjust for cost of living. 

The thing about wealthy areas like what you looking for - consistently wealthy - is they're too small to cover a whole county.  That's like saying Surrey is the wealthiest county in England, but I'm sure it contains many workers as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies