What do you have against Wall Street? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What do you have against Wall Street? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What do you have against Wall Street?  (Read 3428 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: November 15, 2015, 02:09:23 PM »

But, who loves doing financial homework?  Nobody really. 

*raises hand* Wink

Though I agree with everything else you wrote, perhaps worst of all is the arrogance and the fact that the immorality extends into all parts of their life. Their role is obviously important, but it's hard not to despise all that.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:29:38 AM »

People may be legitimately interested in finance, but it strains credulity to imagine that they would be equally interested if it paid as much as being a supermarket cashier.

I highly doubt those people are passionate about their line of work at any paygrade so this is a terrible comparison.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 08:59:01 AM »

People may be legitimately interested in finance, but it strains credulity to imagine that they would be equally interested if it paid as much as being a supermarket cashier.

I highly doubt those people are passionate about their line of work at any paygrade so this is a terrible comparison.

I'm not directly comparing the professions. Only the level of pay. It's laughable to think people would be as passionate about finance if finance paid very little.

I'd still have the passion, but I'd be just as inclined to work in one of my other passions like floral design. Reverse which one is my line of work and which I do for fun. That's called being sensible.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:32:49 PM »

I don't really despise Wall Street, they are just exercising their rights as free people. However, I wish the government would use their interstate Commerce powers to make sure they aren't screwing us over.

About this, so no.
I never saw this comment. What do you mean?

I think he's just agreeing with you, and he answered the poll "No".
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 04:41:54 PM »

Playing reckless games with people's livelyhoods which nearly brought down the world economy?

So send the few who had control over that to jail and don't implement a bunch of red tape that negatively affects every business out there.

Hmm, that sounds like the opposite of what I would do considering that 'red tape' on Wall Street doesn't really negatively affect very many businesses and whatever few i-banking jobs are lost (they'd be lost in the cycles anyway) would simply be replaced with an incredible number of  regulatory jobs at the banks so they do what they are intended to do. The economy is more stable and thus businesses are positively affected.

No sense in sending people to jail and destroying more lives in response to this. Are we seriously going to turn into Italy, jailing scientists and the lot next? You have to have a guilty mind, and there is no sense in trying to prove that while convicting innocent ones.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies