Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:25:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Mike Pence? Do you think it perpetuates gender inequality?
1. Agree

1. Disagree

2. Yes

2. No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife  (Read 6930 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: March 30, 2017, 04:34:54 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2017, 04:48:39 PM by Chairman (with limited role) of the 2020 Trump campaign »

Well, it comes across as a bit creepy. Makes it sound as if Mike Pence can't be trusted to be left alone with other women because he could try to seduce/rape them.

But then again, it's the Pences' business, I guess.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 05:13:43 PM »

I took it to mean that he really really wants to prove to his wife that he's a trusting, monogamous man.

That implies that Pence feels the need to prove to his wife that he isn't an adulterer by deliberately limiting his contact to other women to the absolutely necessary minimum. Sounds more like the opposite of "trust" to me. (And yes, it also implies that he primarily regards women as "people you can have sex with".)

But yeah... whatever. It isn't exactly like they're showcasing this aspect of their lives to everyone. He happened to mention it to the press 15 years ago. If they want to be weird, they have a right to be weird. Tongue
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 03:14:58 AM »

Interestingly, I remember being "part" of a similar situation once.

I'm friends with a woman who was once in a relationship with a guy where I definitely got the vibe that he had a problem that with her going out with me alone. He never said something outright to me, but there were little things here and there.

But she definitely isn't the kind of woman who would be willing to submit herself to any kind of Pence-like rules here, especially since I had been friends with her before she even met that guy. And that relationship only lasted a couple of months anyway. Not sure whether him not wanting her to go out with other guys was a factor in the eventual break-up (since there were also other issues). If it was the case I have to say that this guy seemed to suffer from a couple of insecurities. Especially since were was never something going between her and me before, during, or after.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 06:14:07 AM »

I wonder if they had sex:

(Perhaps not, there was a photographer present. Cheesy )
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:43:22 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2017, 10:36:43 AM by Chairman (with limited role) of the 2020 Trump campaign »

Billy Chrystal's "men and women can't be friends, because men want to have sex with women even if they're not sexually attracted to them" logic is not really based in reality. At least not in my case.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »

Clinton should have lived by the same doctrine, at least while occupying the White House.

Bill had dinner with Monica in the White House?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

Is this normal in other parts of the county?

If your relationship with your partner is so shaky that having dinner with another female could potentially bring it down, something needs to be examined.

Everyone I have seen on my Facebook feed about it is talking about it positively.  You don't have to make the exact same rule (re: eating, especially since there is a difference between getting a snack and having a four-course dinner), but the principle is very sound.  I think it's a culture war thing that we never really thought about.  It would feel like cheating to me to spend an entire day hanging out with a girl other than my girlfriend if I had one because some sort of light crush would inevitably form, and that's wrong, but unavoidable if you spend too much time together.  That's not to say that you can't have friends of the opposite sex, as long as there are reasonable boundaries.

I have never taken you for a romantic before. Personally, I'm quite capable of "controlling" myself from developing romantic feelings, but maybe that's just me being picky.

That's what ExtremeRepublican would have said.  ExtremeDemocrat loves hookup culture and thinks that this proves how awful of a sexist pig Pence is!

Try harder.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 03:42:50 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2017, 03:48:47 AM by Chairman (with limited role) of the 2020 Trump campaign »

WTF?  Have you met one?

Seriously, how am I the first person to point this out?

I must've missed that because LMAO. Shadows must have never been around women if he thinks that.

Dudes, women who are expressing sexual desires are merely suffering from hysteria. Since the 19th century this has been a well documented fact.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »

Of course I'm serious! There's nothing better than a goood old water massage.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies