Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:29:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Mike Pence? Do you think it perpetuates gender inequality?
1. Agree

1. Disagree

2. Yes

2. No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife  (Read 6930 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: March 31, 2017, 12:33:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not exactly sure if the same rules apply to the Vice President and his staff, but I'd hope so.

To be fair, by that standard Obama's all-male basketball and golf outings at least early in his administration could fail the test too. The only difference is Obama was never dumb enough to be explicit about his discrimination.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 01:07:47 PM »

To be fair, by that standard Obama's all-male basketball and golf outings at least early in his administration could fail the test too. The only difference is Obama was never dumb enough to be explicit about his discrimination.

I suppose. Were all Obama's games all-male? And still, I'd have to say that given the reasoning and circumstances between the two "rules," I'd venture a guess Obama would break that rule far easier than Pence. Obama could have just had a casual preference for his company whereas Pence's is about fidelity. There is a big difference, imo.

Up to August 2016 he played 300 rounds of golf and 297 were all-male. Up to early 2013 he played basketball at least 49 times, and there are no reports of him ever inviting any women, although the latest report from early 2010 said he never had at that time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies