Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:15:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Mike Pence? Do you think it perpetuates gender inequality?
1. Agree

1. Disagree

2. Yes

2. No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife  (Read 6930 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: March 30, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58dd1740e4b05eae031d949c?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:11:54 PM »

I just had some drinks in the city with a longtime female friend who is engaged to a male friend of mine. Would be pretty sad and unnecessary if I couldn't hang out with her anymore after her marriage without her soon-to-be husband being there too. I'd say that if you don't trust each other you shouldn't marry in the first place.

I'm not gonna lie...as liberal as I may be, if my fiance was at the bar having drinks with other men...I would dump her quickly

Why? People of the opposite sex can be friends. What would you do if your partner was bisexual? Would they never be allowed out without you accompanying them?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2017, 09:16:09 AM by Delegate J_American »

I just had some drinks in the city with a longtime female friend who is engaged to a male friend of mine. Would be pretty sad and unnecessary if I couldn't hang out with her anymore after her marriage without her soon-to-be husband being there too. I'd say that if you don't trust each other you shouldn't marry in the first place.

I'm not gonna lie...as liberal as I may be, if my fiance was at the bar having drinks with other men...I would dump her quickly

Why? People of the opposite sex can be friends. What would you do if your partner was bisexual? Would they never be allowed out without you accompanying them?

People of the opposite sex can be friends even if not in a relationship, but there are certain realities about male-female interaction that makes it impossible to become close friends with a woman and not subconsciously want it to turn into a relationship.

... what? My best friend of nearly 3 years is an objectively beautiful woman (and a practicing Muslim) and I don't have any interest in it becoming more than a mere close friendship. Even when I met my girlfriend almost 2 years ago, she knew of my preference for female friends and was alright with it, as was I knowing she talks to and hangs out with male friends of hers alone. She even had a close male friend who'd hang out alone at her house with her. Not to mention she's bi and one of her best friends is her ex girlfriend.

It's called trust. Trusting yourself and trusting each other.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 02:28:49 AM »

WTF?  Have you met one?

Seriously, how am I the first person to point this out?

I must've missed that because LMAO. Shadows must have never been around women if he thinks that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies