Do you support the death penalty? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:44:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you support the death penalty? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Do you support the death penalty?  (Read 5305 times)
Mordecai
Australia

« on: April 12, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »

No.

Yes you are.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »

I’m a huge flip flopper on this issue, to be honest. I question the moral justification of the death penalty, and the states right to end the life of one of its citizens, but I also think that 99.99% of those executed in the last twenty years deserved it. I also had a relative who was murdered in a home invasion in 2011, which is a personal bias.
What exactly are you basing this on?
Empirical data. Like I said, I really don't care about the issue, and IIRC, only 30-40 people out of the thousands of people executed in the United States were of questionable guilt. Only five of them have been completely exonerated. Obviously that is the fault of the justice system in general and not the act of execution.

What the hell?

"Ok some innocent people were accidentally executed… but hey the death penalty worked, they died!"
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

I’m a huge flip flopper on this issue, to be honest. I question the moral justification of the death penalty, and the states right to end the life of one of its citizens, but I also think that 99.99% of those executed in the last twenty years deserved it. I also had a relative who was murdered in a home invasion in 2011, which is a personal bias.
What exactly are you basing this on?
Empirical data. Like I said, I really don't care about the issue, and IIRC, only 30-40 people out of the thousands of people executed in the United States were of questionable guilt. Only five of them have been completely exonerated. Obviously that is the fault of the justice system in general and not the act of execution.

What the hell?

"Ok some innocent people were accidentally executed… but hey the death penalty worked, they died!"
Can you read? If people are found guilty when they are innocent, it is the fault of the justice system. The executioners chair does not put on black robes and bangs a gabble.

Well that's silly. If the death penalty is to be accepted, then so must be accepted the unintended consequences that come with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies