Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:35:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 74
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 142076 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1125 on: August 04, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »

You aren't able to explore the sources of social conflict in any deep way if you aren't willing to consider things that might be construed as "victim blaming."
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1126 on: August 05, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »

An expectation/default of a tip beyond the price of a service (especially when combined with low wages due to the assumption of tipping) is a ridiculously stupid system.  I would far rather pay 20% more on the menu price than be expected to tip 15-20% (and 15% isn't really OK from what I hear).  Don't get me wrong, I do tip because it is how they make their money, but it is a beyond stupid idea.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1127 on: August 05, 2018, 06:27:05 PM »

Hear hear. It so friggin tedious.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1128 on: August 06, 2018, 07:14:14 AM »

The only generations that have good musical taste are Millennials and the younger half of Generation X.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #1129 on: August 06, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »

- Habit is better than In-N-Out
- Cake is better than pie
- Southwest is an enjoyable airline to fly
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #1130 on: August 06, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »

No good English language music has been released since ca. 2009.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #1131 on: August 06, 2018, 05:55:19 PM »

No good English language music has been released since ca. 2009.

Weak trolling.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1132 on: August 06, 2018, 06:16:28 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2018, 06:20:08 PM by The Conflict »

There is no such thing as "Generation X". "Gen Xers loved Reagan" is a common political trope, but a 40-year old today was born in 1978 and has at best vague memories of Reagan. I prefer to think of the older half of them (where that trope originates) as a sort of extension of Baby Boomers, and the younger half as a sort of pre-Millennials. Also younger Gen Xers are almost as liberal as Millennials (which is not surprising as they were in their 20s during the second Bush term.)
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1133 on: August 06, 2018, 06:30:36 PM »

It's not minorities taking our jobs it's actually women. Think about it, over the years more and more women have left the house to seek employment. This had led to less jobs for men, because women used to mostly be stay at home moms taking care of the kids. Of course no one running for office would ever say this, so minorities are used as the scapegoat.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1134 on: August 06, 2018, 06:47:24 PM »

It's not minorities taking our jobs it's actually women. Think about it, over the years more and more women have left the house to seek employment. This had led to less jobs for men, because women used to mostly be stay at home moms taking care of the kids. Of course no one running for office would ever say this, so minorities are used as the scapegoat.

Do you care to document your surmise that women working has taken jobs away from men? That of course was the rationale back when for discriminating against women. For example, back in the day they could not get jobs as school teachers if married, because that would take a job against a bread winning man. My grandmother faced that discrimination. Ultimately, she did get the job anyway because 1) she was the only one around who could teach Latin, and 2) it was temporary, because she was leaving for college after a couple of years when she was old enough.

The whole assertion is just so freaking bizarre now, when jobs go wanting, and the problem is finding people of either sex who are competent to do the job, given the sad state of education, and substance abuse (just a huge problem in my neck of the woods), etc. There really needs to be a rather massive intervention, or as a society we are going to go down the tubes relatively speaking. Sometimes, I feel thankful I am so damn old. I will be dead when the sh*t really hits the fan.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1135 on: August 06, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »

There is no such thing as "Generation X". "Gen Xers loved Reagan" is a common political trope, but a 40-year old today was born in 1978 and has at best vague memories of Reagan. I prefer to think of the older half of them (where that trope originates) as a sort of extension of Baby Boomers, and the younger half as a sort of pre-Millennials. Also younger Gen Xers are almost as liberal as Millennials (which is not surprising as they were in their 20s during the second Bush term.)

Lots of people have significant memories of national and world events that occurred before they were 10 years old.
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #1136 on: August 07, 2018, 06:15:30 PM »

Do you care to document your surmise that women working has taken jobs away from men? That of course was the rationale back when for discriminating against women. For example, back in the day they could not get jobs as school teachers if married, because that would take a job against a bread winning man. My grandmother faced that discrimination. Ultimately, she did get the job anyway because 1) she was the only one around who could teach Latin, and 2) it was temporary, because she was leaving for college after a couple of years when she was old enough.

The whole assertion is just so freaking bizarre now, when jobs go wanting, and the problem is finding people of either sex who are competent to do the job, given the sad state of education, and substance abuse (just a huge problem in my neck of the woods), etc. There really needs to be a rather massive intervention, or as a society we are going to go down the tubes relatively speaking. Sometimes, I feel thankful I am so damn old. I will be dead when the sh*t really hits the fan.
It's a joke. Also this thread is for hot takes that are bad and unpopular right? I would say that fits this definition.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1137 on: August 08, 2018, 02:49:26 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2018, 02:53:26 PM by Democrats For Bob Hugin »

Alex Jones shouldn't have been banned from YouTube. He's too... entertaining. Somehow psychopath Logan Paul gets to stay, but Alex Jones (who can actually be funny with his craziness) somehow gets banned. Smh
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1138 on: August 08, 2018, 02:58:41 PM »

Alex Jones shouldn't have been banned from YouTube. He's too... entertaining. Somehow psychopath Logan Paul gets to stay, but Alex Jones (who can actually be funny with his craziness) somehow gets banned. Smh

For every 1 person who finds Alex Jones to be stupid in a funny way, there are 4 people who think he is actually saying real stuff and getting corrupted by it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1139 on: August 08, 2018, 03:10:01 PM »

For every 1 person who finds Alex Jones to be stupid in a funny way, there are 4 people who think he is actually saying real stuff and getting corrupted by it.

I...I don't think that's right
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1140 on: August 08, 2018, 03:14:23 PM »

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1141 on: August 08, 2018, 03:16:09 PM »

Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1142 on: August 08, 2018, 03:19:49 PM »

For every 4 people who finds Alex Jones to be stupid in a funny way, there is 1 person who think he is actually saying real stuff and getting corrupted by it.
FTFY
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1143 on: August 08, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »

Obama was a terrible President.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #1144 on: August 08, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »

here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #1145 on: August 08, 2018, 03:36:09 PM »

How is this a hot take?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1146 on: August 08, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »

Obama gave 20+ million people healthcare, managing to slow the increase in the utterly skyrocketing costs of medical insurance. He was the best president since LBJ.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1147 on: August 09, 2018, 07:08:28 AM »

The election of Trump has caused most of the red avatars' debating skills to lapse.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1148 on: August 09, 2018, 07:18:21 AM »

The election of Trump has caused most of the red avatars' debating skills to lapse.

The attrition of left-wing posters like King, bedstuy, etc. to AAD also likely played a role here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1149 on: August 09, 2018, 11:44:35 AM »

The attrition of left-wing posters like King, bedstuy, etc. to AAD also likely played a role here.
Why would they go there? AAD is way worse than regular Atlas. Hell, a few months ago people were messaging me on Facebook begging me to join because AAD was dying.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies