Most likely neither Hillary nor Trump will be their party's nominee. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Most likely neither Hillary nor Trump will be their party's nominee. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most likely neither Hillary nor Trump will be their party's nominee.  (Read 1527 times)
Yan
anteloperyan
Rookie

« on: March 15, 2016, 12:18:51 PM »

Unless the planets align in the wake of a blue moon and Sanders wins North Carolina, it is mathematically impossible for him to win the nomination. You can let go of your pearls, my friend.
Yan
anteloperyan
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 01:16:08 PM »

Unless the planets align in the wake of a blue moon and Sanders wins North Carolina, it is mathematically impossible for him to win the nomination. You can let go of your pearls, my friend.

Currently the odds of me being right are only 7.7% on PredictIt. Let's see if I'm right Smiley

EDIT: And yes, it is mathematically possible for Elizabeth Warren to jump into the race tomorrow, take every pledged delegate going forward, and go into the convention with more than either Hillary or Bernie. Will it happen? No. But is it possible? Yes. Stop saying my predictions are mathematically impossible because if that was true, Bernie wouldn't be campaigning.

Well, I'll grant you that Sanders could easily win the nomination if Clinton's army of superdelegates started evacuating en masse, but that doesn't seem particularly likely. As it stands, in order to make up the deficit, he needs to blow Clinton out of the water in every primary from here until the convention.

Sanders needs a mathematical perfect storm to pull this off, and even as an ardent supporter, I just don't see that happening.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies