Grindelwald & Dumbledore in the new 5 movies written by JK Rowling (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:50:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Grindelwald & Dumbledore in the new 5 movies written by JK Rowling (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grindelwald & Dumbledore in the new 5 movies written by JK Rowling  (Read 1835 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 16, 2016, 02:33:38 PM »

So basically, we've got the Wizarding equivalent of Xavier vs Magneto.  I'm stoked!

Pity Ian McKellen's too old now.

And maybe this time, the main villain will be the most interesting antagonist, instead of some somewhat one-off bureaucrat (I'm of course referring to Umbridge)

@Tony: Oh c'mon, Order of the Phoenix was the best of 'em by far.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 07:10:39 PM »

@Tony: Oh c'mon, Order of the Phoenix was the best of 'em by far.

Yep. It's not even close, IMO.

Ehhh idk Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favorite. The twist near the end with Sirius, Remus, and Peter is still one of my favorite moments on the series.

Agreed.  Plus, Buckbeak's rescue from death coinciding and converging with Sirius' own escape, plus the novel's ending leaving you (and Harry) with some hope for the first time in his life that he had a family member who cared for him, was kind of a tear jerker tbh.

Order of the Phoenix was the worst for featuring a whiny brat main character, and then dashing all of the aforementioned hope re: Sirius.

And wtf would you expect for a guy who just witnessed murder for the first time [and processed it], was being hunted down, and no one believed him for a while anyway? And that's without puberty.

Also getting into Snape's mind was very very important.

And I'm sorry, but the ending in London is easily one of the best endings.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies