NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:39:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80
Author Topic: NY 2022 - Zeldin/Esposito, Libertarian & WFP updates  (Read 115106 times)
Duke of York

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: October 25, 2022, 07:11:46 PM »

WHAT

It's definitely easy to see, from her performance in this debate, why Hochul could very well be upset by Zeldin.
this is why I hate Twitter. To many people get news solely from it with things taken completely out of context.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1626 on: October 25, 2022, 07:41:58 PM »

WHAT

It's definitely easy to see, from her performance in this debate, why Hochul could very well be upset by Zeldin.

Did you actually watch it, or are you going off of one tweet that was likely very selectively taken out of context?
She didn't even say this, OP admits he misquoted her a few tweets down in the thread
US Politics Fanatic
Bill Nelson
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1627 on: October 25, 2022, 07:48:23 PM »

Will Zeldin win the jewish vote ?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1628 on: October 25, 2022, 07:57:50 PM »

WHAT

That quote is literally fabricated. You aren't even watching the debate this is so incredibly dishonest. You are not being honest, you are not being even handed, and its showing.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1629 on: October 25, 2022, 07:59:04 PM »

WHAT

That quote is literally fabricated. You aren't even watching the debate this is so incredibly dishonest. You are not being honest, you are not being even handed, and its showing.

No, she didn't say that, but her actual comment wasn't that much better. But as I was saying in the Oz thread, people are going to crawl over broken glass to vote for this woman.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1630 on: October 25, 2022, 08:00:31 PM »

WHAT

No, she didn't say that, but her actual comment wasn't that much better. But as I was saying in the Oz thread, people are going to crawl over broken glass to vote for this woman.

The actual comment was completely different! One has nothing to do with the other! Just admit your surface level knowledge on the debate (not even watching) led you to unknowingly share false information.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1631 on: October 25, 2022, 08:01:39 PM »

WHAT

The actual comment was completely different! One has nothing to do with the other! Just admit your surface level knowledge on the debate (not even watching) led you to unknowingly share false information.

I'm not conceding on this one, especially since I wasn't the one who shared the tweet.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1632 on: October 25, 2022, 08:06:01 PM »

WHAT

I'm not conceding on this one, especially since I wasn't the one who shared the tweet.

Errant nonsense.

Of course, you come into here and defend Hochul. As I said before, you think every Republican candidate is terrible and every Democratic candidate is excellent.

When someone posted the actual, real video, you accused them of being a hack for debunking what is fake news! You have been dishonest.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1633 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:23 PM »

WHAT

Errant nonsense.

Of course, you come into here and defend Hochul. As I said before, you think every Republican candidate is terrible and every Democratic candidate is excellent.

When someone posted the actual, real video, you accused them of being a hack for debunking what is fake news! You have been dishonest.

I'm done conversing on this. Done, absolutely done.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1634 on: October 25, 2022, 08:09:26 PM »

WHAT

Errant nonsense.

Not sure why you're being so adversarial. It's pretty cut and dry, someone shared a fake, absolutely fictitious quote, and I'm saying it was wrong to amplify it when you didn't even watch the debate. I've done that before, it's bad!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1635 on: October 25, 2022, 08:14:50 PM »

WHAT

Errant nonsense.

Not sure why you're being so adversarial. It's pretty cut and dry, someone shared a fake, absolutely fictitious quote, and I'm saying it was wrong to amplify it when you didn't even watch the debate. I've done that before, it's bad!

Let me quote verbatim what she actually said (~0:17 in this clip):

"I don't know why that is so important to you." That was in response to his criticisms of her policies on crime. She didn't say what was initially attributed to her, but her actual comment isn't any better. At any rate, more argument is not going to produce a consensus on this.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1636 on: October 25, 2022, 08:16:40 PM »

WHAT

Errant nonsense.

"I don't know why that is so important to you." That was in response to his criticisms of her policies on crime. She didn't say what was initially attributed to her, but her actual comment isn't any better. At any rate, more argument is not going to produce a consensus on this.

I don't know, what's worse saying  "I don't know why locking up criminals is so important to you" or saying "I don't know why that is so important to you." in as a part of a larger sentence where it's unclear what she's even replying to. I keep watching that clip waiting for a big screw up or for Zeldin to pounce and it never happens.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1637 on: October 25, 2022, 10:11:19 PM »

WHAT

Errant nonsense.

You're being dishonest again. It wasn't about her "policies on crime" - it was on a *SPECIFIC* issue in terms of cash bail. Why can't you just admit you made a false pretense from a misleading tweet? You're just doubling down at this point.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1638 on: October 25, 2022, 10:13:45 PM »

WHAT

Did you actually watch it, or are you going off of one tweet that was likely very selectively taken out of context?

I'm not watching the entire debate. I'm following it on Twitter, and the consensus seems to be that Zeldin is doing well. Mind you, this includes some "#Election Twitter" people who are staunch Democrats.

Hm, because I'm seeing the opposite. Only on Atlas does election denying in a blue state = good debate.

January 6th is not the only issue under consideration next month. I'm sorry, but it is not. If Democrats were running their campaigns solely on that issue, and that issue alone, they would be in a worse position now than they currently are. What do you think the voters in NYC are more concerned about? Issues directly impacting them? Or January 6th?

You're completely missing the point here. He made a total gaffe by not disavowing the 2020 election denial. That IS a big deal in a blue state like New York, especially with literal election deniers all over the ballot all over the country. Whether you like to believe it or not, it IS an issue. I never said it was the biggest one. But you claim that Zeldin is such a great recruit, and yet he's making gaffes that are unnecessary like this one. Do you think that was a good comment for him to make?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1639 on: October 25, 2022, 10:46:26 PM »

WHAT

Errant nonsense.

You're being dishonest again. It wasn't about her "policies on crime" - it was on a *SPECIFIC* issue in terms of cash bail. Why can't you just admit you made a false pretense from a misleading tweet? You're just doubling down at this point.

You've certainly been reminding me in recent weeks why I had you on ignore in the past. We agree on virtually nothing, and it's useless for me to constantly re-litigate arguments like these.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1640 on: October 25, 2022, 11:09:39 PM »

WHAT

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1641 on: October 26, 2022, 05:18:03 AM »

No chance in hell, the Jewish vote is much more Dem-leaning on average than basically any ethnic or minority group outside of African-Americans.

Jews are a part of the Democratic party's core base.
US Politics Fanatic
Bill Nelson
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1642 on: October 26, 2022, 07:17:40 AM »

No chance in hell, the Jewish vote is much more Dem-leaning on average than basically any ethnic or minority group outside of African-Americans.

Alright. Just asking because he's jewish himself. I still think he will likely do better than Trump or even Romney among them. He'll flip Rockdale county, the most jewish county of the country percentage wise (30%) that only voted for Biden by four points.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1643 on: October 26, 2022, 11:35:54 AM »

You’re right although the Jewish vote in New York is less democrat than in most of the country because of the higher percentage of Orthodox Jews. Zeldin has made appealing to Orthodox Jews a key part of his coalition so he may do well although he certainly won’t win overall.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1644 on: October 26, 2022, 12:57:00 PM »

You’re right although the Jewish vote in New York is less democrat than in most of the country because of the higher percentage of Orthodox Jews. Zeldin has made appealing to Orthodox Jews a key part of his coalition so he may do well although he certainly won’t win overall.

Yea, but overall just because of the sheer number of Jewish people in New York they're a major part of the Democratic base, IIRC non-Orthodox jews in New York skew a little bit more Democratic than elsewhere in the country too.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1645 on: October 26, 2022, 12:59:10 PM »

WHAT

I want to just crawl under a rock. We are so doomed politically it's not even funny
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1646 on: October 26, 2022, 01:02:30 PM »

WHAT

I want to just crawl under a rock. We are so doomed politically it's not even funny
That's not what she said.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1647 on: October 26, 2022, 01:07:57 PM »

WHAT

And you think that matters? It will be in every republican ad, even if it is out of context.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1648 on: October 26, 2022, 01:09:56 PM »

WHAT

And you think that matters? It will be in every republican ad, even if it is out of context.
You can't run an ad with something she didn't say. That quote isn't out of context, it's fabricated.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1649 on: October 26, 2022, 01:12:51 PM »

WHAT

You can't run an ad with something she didn't say. That quote isn't out of context, it's fabricated.
Then where did it come from? Was it a spin or exaggeration on something she did say? I'm just confused
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies