Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:12:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 118076 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: February 26, 2016, 09:40:28 PM »

I've been fighting it, because I truly am a believer in picking the best candidates regardless of party, but despite Democratic mediocrity, Republican insanity, as exemplified by that of the past twenty-five hours, has led me to switch my avatar from independent green to Democratic Red.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »

Found out this morning that the reason I haven't heard from my brother in a week is because he's in a detox center trying to kick heroin Sad.
I hope he succeeds. Still, if he's the one who made the decision to go there, he'll have a much better chance of bringing his addiction under control, tho it may not be this particular attempt that does it. I've known several people who never managed that much and others who did, tho for none of them was heroin the specific problem.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 06:56:43 AM »

Unfortunately pretty much all theologies/philosophies suffer from groupthink. Being "liberal" is no inoculation from that problem.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »

Heading back to school starting this summer. It'll be a bit odd being an old student.  It'll be even odder going for an Associate Degree when I already have a Masters, but I already have the common core courses covered from previous work and I want enuf of the subject matter courses that I might as well pick up the degree since it won't entail any extra work on my part.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 05:25:37 PM »

Heading back to school starting this summer. It'll be a bit odd being an old student.  It'll be even odder going for an Associate Degree when I already have a Masters, but I already have the common core courses covered from previous work and I want enuf of the subject matter courses that I might as well pick up the degree since it won't entail any extra work on my part.

What's it fer?

Accounting.  I started working part-time at a tax prep place last year, more to help a friend out than anything else, but ended up doing more and more this past year at his full year accounting firm.  While I don't need the schooling to keep the job, which at this point is mainly data entry and back office, I thout I might as well get some formal schooling in what I'm doing.  To my surprise, when I mentioned my plans to that friend, he offered to have the firm pay for it, which was a pleasant surprise.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 07:40:39 PM »

2nd day of my business workshop in Upper Austria.

The workshop and debate is so technical that I almost fell asleep, but the people and the food are great.

Don't you mean you almost woke up from your dream that you actually were in the fantasyland of Austria.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »

Had to work late both today and yesterday to get the quarterly tax forms (IRS 941, SCDOR WH-1605, SCDEW UCE-101/120) done for the payroll clients at the place I work. Not late, late, but still having to stay after because others waited until the last moment to get us their info wasn't fun, and unlike a 1040, you can't file an extension for those.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 01:17:31 PM »

Almost wrote Hermain Cain rather than Herman Goering in an exam today. That's worrying

Was it question Nein, Nein, Nein?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 06:46:11 AM »

There is one major problem with kittens. They grow up to become cats.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 07:00:47 AM »

I was drunk the other day and I (in my drunk mind) "noticed" that Kentucky and Austria look similar in shape.

Discuss my drunken observations with maps.

Poland and Cambodia look like what happens when I try to make pancakes, omelets, crepes, etc.

South Carolina is a piece of pie with part of the crust broken off..
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 09:54:46 AM »

The hose to the icemaker in the fridge developed a leak. Since I don't use the icemaker, the fix was simple, turn the valve on the water off. What is it with the obsession home builders and appliance makers have with icemaker? They waste freezer space and are the most common point of failure in what is otherwise one of the most dependable appliances in the home.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 06:50:42 AM »
« Edited: June 26, 2016, 07:50:09 AM by True Federalist »

Speaking of getting hitched next summer, I'm beginning to consider where me and my fiancee will be honeymooning.  I've got a tentative idea of the itinerary, and I'd like opinions of it.

Saturday afternoon wedding and reception followed by drive to Atlanta that evening.
Sunday fly from Atlanta to Albuquerque, (probably on Southwest since we should be able to lock in fairly cheap fares)
Sunday evening to Wednesday morning, take in Albuqerque and hopefully an Isotopes game if they are in town.
Wednesday afternoon, take the Southwest Chief from Albuquerque to Flagstaff, AZ.
Thursday and Friday One day will be a trip to the Grand Canyon and one day for generic sight seeing.
Friday night, take sleeping car berth on the Southwest Chief to Los Angeles, CA
Saturday afternoon fly LAX or BUR to ATL, spend night at hotel in Atlanta and then drive home.

Basically the high points are to be Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and the train ride.  Might possibly trim a day from Albuquerque to get back a day sooner, but I'm not planning on using Los Angeles as anything other than a connection.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 10:27:27 PM »

What does it say about me that I'm excited that Crystal Pepsi is coming back?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 10:08:05 PM »

Summer vacation is almost over. It's been good this week at the beach, but I'll be glad to get back to work.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 03:04:19 AM »

Then again, my neighbor across the street is a semi-famous Australian golfer who had until a few months ago an article on Wikipedia (I noticed it was taken off of the "famous Boynton residents" part of the town's Wikipedia article). Is she using our open wifi to edit Wikipedia articles about her colleagues??

Why would you have an open WiFi in the first place? Passwords aren't that much of a hassle.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 05:51:40 AM »

Saw a church sign BRTD would approve of:
POKEMON GO
CATCH THE SPIRIT
WITH US SUNDAY
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 07:47:14 PM »

I went over to the university to pay tuition for my son. It was a bit strange. For the first time in over 20 years I didn't need to be there to get ready to teach, and for the first time in over 40 years a fall semester was beginning and I wasn't in the employ of a college or university.
Voluntary or a side effect of the budget crisis?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 10:33:16 AM »

Been to a bookstore, bought a s**tload of volumes.

Bye, bye, boredom XD
Bookstores? I vaguely remember those. Nowadays, I run into books most often in antique shops.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 09:26:40 PM »

Got the order today from my boss to "fix" the accounting for one of our products to "up" the sales of this product (on paper).

I don't like the fact of false accounting at ALL, but he also got pressure from his regional supervisor to increase the "sales" of this certain product.

Hmmmm ...

I go looking for another job if I were you.  Even if you don't get caught, a business that is rigging the books typically doesn't last long.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 07:05:54 AM »

Got the order today from my boss to "fix" the accounting for one of our products to "up" the sales of this product (on paper).

I don't like the fact of false accounting at ALL, but he also got pressure from his regional supervisor to increase the "sales" of this certain product.

Hmmmm ...

I go looking for another job if I were you.  Even if you don't get caught, a business that is rigging the books typically doesn't last long.

Unlikely. The cheat is extremely effective and the revision is totally unlikely to find it in the books. And it's only for one product out of thousands.
That you know of. Plus, while you may be applying a subtle cheat, others may not, especially if a subtle cheat is unable to provide the level of improvement being demanded of them. Furthermore, there's the danger that some of the other mid-level managers than your boss are encouraged by this negative example to cook the books for their own reasons.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 10:58:20 PM »

So....I bought $300 worth of textbooks for my classes this semester....USPS said they delivered it to my front door, yet when I got back home from work, they weren't there....either they never delivered them or they got stolen.
Stuff like that is precisely why I have my packages delivered to my workplace.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 10:32:31 PM »

My grandpa, the one who had the fall back in early August, is a real oxymoron. He'd been told specifically he shouldn't drive for three months, but guess what he's doing... I mean seriously, you just can't reach him.

Oh, he did promise me not to drive anywhere "too far", but this day he drove like 300 km.

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »

I just got a raise at work....$0.70...not much but it's still better than nothing.
What do you do?

Let me guess: Are you secretly James Bond?
Maybe if his raise had only been a tenth of what he got. Do you have dyslexia or a bad sense of humor?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2016, 08:30:30 PM »

meh im still republican, i just got bored and changed it, but yea, pretty much unrelated.
True, but you might want to keep the avatar.  After all, Better Red Than Drumpf!
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 04:07:04 AM »

So my neighborhood is under a mandatory evacuation according to the emergency services number that I contacted earlier today I don't know what to do what do you guys think I should do?
Leave.

If the worst happens, then even if you come thru okay where you are likely won't have the services needed to be livable for a while. I don't know how close you are to the shore and thus how much of a threat from storm surge you are under. But unless you're prepared for several weeks of camping at home, then even if you'd be safe, you're risking being sorry if you stay.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies