Non-metro working class areas left still strong in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:59:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Non-metro working class areas left still strong in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Non-metro working class areas left still strong in  (Read 1173 times)
EastAnglianLefty

« on: December 21, 2023, 10:33:50 AM »

Much talk recently has been outside large metro areas, many working class areas that used to vote for parties on left have swung rightward.  I was wondering if any could name places that still continue to vote left and haven't yet shifted.

Only I can think of is northern parts of Norway, Sweden, and Finland as well as Alentejo region of Portugal (often communists come in second here).  I believe there are a few in France and Germany but not widespread and cannot remember exact locations.

Some that are shifting but haven't yet flipped are Iron Ridge in Minnesota and Wisconsin, Northern Ontario, Welsh Valleys and Silver Bow & Deer Lodge counties in Montana.

The Valleys swung about as much as the rest of the UK did in the last general election, so evidence that they're swinging rightwards is, if we're being very generous, less than strong.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies