San Francisco mayoral elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:53:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  San Francisco mayoral elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: San Francisco mayoral elections  (Read 3703 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: June 09, 2018, 12:13:21 AM »

Sadly, I think Breed has to be considered the slight favorite now with the trend from the late ballots and the amount of votes left to count. Sad

Also, it's not a mayoral election, but Mandelman easily beat Sheehy (moderate appointed by Lee) for the Supervisor position in District 8. Mandelman will be seated now, but he'll have to run again against Sheehy in November. If my count is right this should give the left faction on the Board a majority? The moderate faction won a majority in the 2016 elections (6-5) iirc but I don't know if there have been further developments since then.

And on the local referendum front, Referendum F (City-Funded Legal Representation for Residential Tenants in Eviction Lawsuits) passed!

When i hear about "moderate faction" in Sf council - i smile broadly. In almost any other city these "moderates" would be ultraliberals....)))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 12:25:58 AM »
« Edited: June 10, 2018, 12:48:53 PM by smoltchanov »

Sadly, I think Breed has to be considered the slight favorite now with the trend from the late ballots and the amount of votes left to count. Sad

Also, it's not a mayoral election, but Mandelman easily beat Sheehy (moderate appointed by Lee) for the Supervisor position in District 8. Mandelman will be seated now, but he'll have to run again against Sheehy in November. If my count is right this should give the left faction on the Board a majority? The moderate faction won a majority in the 2016 elections (6-5) iirc but I don't know if there have been further developments since then.

And on the local referendum front, Referendum F (City-Funded Legal Representation for Residential Tenants in Eviction Lawsuits) passed!

When i hear about "moderate faction" in Sf council - i smile broadly. In almost any other city these "moderates" would be ultraliberals....)))))

But the irony is that "ultraliberal" San Francisco probably has a lot more inequality than a "conservative" Peoria or Omaha.

"Ultraliberal" SF voted for Hillary in the primary, and gave us Newsom, Harris, Feinstein, and Pelosi. SF's liberalism is MASSIVELY overrated.

Newsom, Harris, Feinstein and Pelosi are absolutely liberal in MY world....)))) Even Feinstein, and Harris and Pelosi -  very liberal))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:00:39 AM »

But the irony is that "ultraliberal" San Francisco probably has a lot more inequality than a "conservative" Peoria or Omaha.

"Ultraliberal" SF voted for Hillary in the primary, and gave us Newsom, Harris, Feinstein, and Pelosi. SF's liberalism is MASSIVELY overrated.

Newsom, Harris, Feinstein and Pelosi are absolutely liberal in MY world....)))) Even Feinstein, and Harris and Pelosi -  very liberal))))

Dianne Feinstein is more liberal than Vladimir Putin, I'll give her that. But calling her very liberal is some crazy sh**t.

I didn't call HER "very liberal". These words were about Harris and Pelosi. But "pragmatic liberal" - sure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies