Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 05:06:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31590 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: March 02, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »
« edited: March 02, 2020, 08:11:08 PM by KaiserDave »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Ad: Tom's Running

REAIRING NATIONWIDE
Major Emphasis on Iowa and New Hampshire, buying out any anti Tom Steyer Ads

Tom Steyer by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr

Narrator:
Tom Steyer, businessman, activists, progressive is running for President. He's running to end the Trump/Pence scam, fight climate change, end Washington corruption, and take back our democracy for the people. He's not afraid of the lobbyists and special interests because he doesn't take their crooked money. His campaign is 100% funded by Tom and people like you.

Tom Steyer in Manchester, Iowa 10/20/2019. by Mark Roeder, on Flickr

Tom's running because working men and women have been kicked around for too long. He knows it's time for the government to fight for working families again, and not the powerful and well connected. He's an outsider beholden to the nobody, who'll smash Washington gridlock and get results for you and your family.

Tom Steyer @ Hanover, NH by Marc Nozell, on Flickr

Tom is rolling out bold progressive plans like a wealth tax for the super rich, Tom knows people like him should not be getting tax breaks, instead he'll cut taxes for working families. He's not afraid of Big Oil, so he's rolling out a multi billion dollar plan to fight climate change and create millions of green energy jobs. Tom will stand up to the pharmaceutical industry to hold them accountable for their crimes against good hard working Americans in the opioid crisis. The American people are more important than lobbyists and special interests, and it's time to fight for them.

Tom Steyer by Gage Skidmore, on Flickr

I'm Tom Steyer, and I approve this message.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #451 on: March 02, 2020, 08:51:03 PM »

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Steyer_2020_presidential_campaign#/media/File:Tom_2020_819a29ab.png

Tom Steyer Ad: Incorruptible

Airing Nationwide with a Major Emphasis on Iowa, California, and New Hampshire, and buying out any anti Tom Steyer Ads

(Tom Steyer approaches camera in an open cornfield in Iowa)

Hi, I'm Tom Steyer. I'm airing this ad because lately, a Super PAC connected to Senator Kirsten Gillibrand has been running some misleading ads about me across the country. I couldn't be more clear, these ads are wrong and it's a shame that she has chosen to make this campaign negative. My response is simple, I've made some mistakes in my business career, but I've worked to fix them. And for Senator Gillibrand to say I've worked to pollute is wrong and unfair. I'm supported by environmental groups like the Sierra Club and climate fighters like Jay Inslee. I've made mistakes, Senator Gillibrand would know that we all do. And lastly, I don't even have a Super PAC.

I'm running for President because the corporate and big money stranglehold must end. I don't have a Super PAC, I don't accept corporate donations, period. I'm running because we need a President not beholden to big money at all to get the reforms we need. I'm Tom Steyer, running for President, and I approve this message because I am incorruptible. 
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #452 on: March 02, 2020, 10:23:47 PM »

Gillibrand January Schedule
Image Obtained on Flickr

January 1st - 10th: Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Rally with Sen. Cortez-Masto, Sen. Rosen, and Gov. Sisolak
- Meet and Greet with Rep. Susie Lee
- Interview via Skype
- Go on Local News Network
- Townhall at University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Put up Signs with Campaign Staff
- Fundraiser
- Record Ads
- Meet with Campaign Staff to Discuss Strategy

Reno, Nevada
- Rally with Sen. Rosen and Rep. Horsford
- Workers Rights Round Table
- Focus Group
- Meet with Undecided Voters
- Townhall at the University of Nevada Reno
- Fundraiser
- Door to Door with Campaign Staff
- Record Ads

January 11th - 22nd: New Hampshire
Berlin, New Hampshire
- Open new Campaign Office
- Train and Hire new Staffers
- Put up Yard Signs
- Townhall
- Meet with Undecided Voters

Conway, New Hampshire
- Train and Hire new Staffers
- Townhall
- Speak with Veterans
- Attend Local Concert
- Speak about Plan for Opioids

Rochester, New Hampshire
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Townhall
- Interview via Skype
- Put up Billboards
- Film Ads
- Meet with NH Dems

Salem, New Hampshire
- Hire and Train new Staffers
- Fundraiser
- Speak about Plan for College Tuition

January 23rd - 26th: California
Riverside, California
- Fundraiser
- Rally with Fmr. VP Joe Biden
- Townhall

Los Angeles, California
- Townhall
- Fundraiser
- Rally with Fmr. VP Biden

Santa Cruz, California
- Rally with Fmr. VP Biden
- Fundraiser
- Townhall
- Interview via Skype

January 27th - 31st: Iowa
Des Moines, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenaeur and Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- Townhall
- Fundraiser
- Attend Local Festival
- Speak at Local High School
- Meet with Teachers
- Planned Parenthood Event

Sioux City, Iowa
- Rally with Rep. Abby Finkenaeur and Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- Townhall
- Fundraiser
- Attend Local Festival
- Speak at Local High School
- Meet with Union Workers
- NARAL Event
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #453 on: March 02, 2020, 10:56:30 PM »

"Barack"
Ad aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, California, Texas, Tennessee, and Virginia

The Ad begins with a voiceover of Stacey as pictures of her campaigning with President Obama during the 2018 elections appear on the screen with various headlines about her and Obama.

I believe that there are two really important things in this election: defeating President Pence and upholding President Obama's legacy and accomplishments. I think I have the character and qualities to not only beat Pence, but also to uphold Barack's legacy. Don't just take my word for it, here's what he said about me:

Image from Wikimedia Commons

An excerpt from a campaign speech of President Obama of him campaigning for Stacey in 2018 appears:

"I want a leader who stands up for other people’s healthcare even if they’ve got healthcare. I want a leader who will stand up for kids to end bullying. I want a leader who will stand up for somebody else’s right to worship as they please, even if I disagree with how they worship. This is America. That’s what everyone needs to stand up for with clarity and patriotism and with purpose. Those core values that bond us to our fellow citizens, no matter who we are because that’s what Americans are supposed to do. And that’s what Stacey Abrams believes!"

Image from Wikimedia Commons

I'm Stacey Abrams and I approve this message because we must Defeat Pence.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #454 on: March 03, 2020, 09:36:43 AM »

Serving Those That Served
Stacey's Plan for Veterans

Image from the Department of Veterans Affairs

Introduction:
Our military represents the best of who we are as Americans. The men and women of our Armed Forces come from every corner of America and every walk of life. What units service members is a shared commitment to support and defend their nation. In this simple act, they set an example and a precedent for us and people around the world, about our American potential.

Every day we’re reminded of the sacrifice and dedication of our service members overseas. Less recognized, but no less important, are the contributions they continue to make outside of the service, in their life as private citizens. Even when they take off their uniform, veterans are eager to continue serving and tackle some of America’s largest challenges.

Over the last decade, the generation of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans has founded several hundreds of businesses and non-profits. Veterans who have served since 9/11 make up nearly half of the veterans in Congress, bringing a new generation of political leadership. Most inspiring is that they’ve taken care of not only their fellow vets, but also those in need in their community and around the world. They’ve demonstrated the power of service and set an example for the rest of us.

On Veterans’ Day, I met with hundreds of service members. They all had a pretty similar message-- serving in uniform can be the best experience in a lifetime but it can also lead to some of the biggest challenges in a lifetime. One story I heard was from John, a First Lieutenant. Right after 9/11, he was infuriated. He dropped everything, dropped out of college, and went to Iraq to serve and protect his country. When he came home, he felt disoriented. Right now, he can’t get healthcare from the VA to treat his post-traumatic stress (PTSD).

When we ask service members to put their lives on the line for our nation, we’ve got to be ready to provide them and their families with the care they need to recover from the wounds of war. This isn’t doing them a favor, it’s about the United States keeping a promise. When you put your right hand up and make a promise to give everything to your country, the promise America makes is to remember, respect, and care for you and your family. That promise doesn’t end when you hang up your uniform. It lasts forever.

HEAL THE WOUNDS OF WAR AND OTHER SERVICE-RELATED INJURIES:
-Streamline access to medical care by creating a more veteran-centric VA (including appointing a Secretary of the VA that served in the military).
-Guarantee access to mental health care, including suicide prevention.
-Improve aging-in-place options so that older vets can get the care they need and deserve.

SUPPORT THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND THEIR FAMILIES
-Provide additional resources for child care in military communities
-Overturn Trump’s transgender military ban
-Make it easier for military spouses to pause loan payments and transition to life as private citizens
-Honor and elevate the diversity of service members.

ENGAGE ALL AMERICANS TO PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR VETERANS AND MILITARY FAMILIES TO THRIVE
-Support transition from active-duty by increasing opportunities for loans.
-Close the loophole that leads for-profit colleges to target service members and veterans.
-Use veterans to spark civic-minded service nationwide.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #455 on: March 03, 2020, 05:14:10 PM »

LEGISLATION ROUNDUP[/size]

OPIOID LEGISLATION
Senate:
Aye: 54
Nay: 46
Bill adances to House.

House:
Aye: 231
Nay: 200
Bill passes.
RGM2609
« Reply #456 on: March 04, 2020, 12:30:06 AM »

Mike Pence @presidentpence

Look at this - while the Dems are squabbling and screaming their throats out, we get things done! Today we have passed a great bill which will significantly tackle the opioid crisis! Great day for all Americans! #MAGA #DRAINTHESWAMP #FOURMOREYEARS
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #457 on: March 04, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 11:06:37 PM by Entropy In Action »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Mark Levin

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin. And this is your election update.

Carlson: This week marked by the passage of the President's opioid reform bill, meant to fix the damage caused by the epidemic that has swept across the nation these past few decades.

Levin: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at foxnews.com.

Carlson: That said, tonight we have a special guest, the former Minority Leader of the Georgia House of Representatives, Stacey Abrams. Ms. Abrams, how are you tonight?

Abrams: Good, Tucker. Happy to be here.

Carlson: Glad to have you here, Ms. Abrams. Now, despite numerous competitors dropping out and endorsing your rivals, you’ve managed to remain competitive in numerous races. What do you believe is the key to your continued success?

Abrams: Well, there’s a lot of things that’s contributed to the success of my campaign. We’ve got the backing of a lot of influential people, people I respect, like President Carter, Congressman Lewis, Reverend Sharpton, Karen Bass (the Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus), Jaime Harrison, Congressman O’Rourke, Governor Cooper, Senator Warner, and last but certainly not least Ms. Oprah Winfrey. Another reason we’re doing well and outlasting Senators, Governors, Members of Congress that have been in Washington for many years is that people want real change and they want to win. Polls have us ahead of President Pence. I’m the only frontrunner who’s beating President Pence. I’m one of two candidates beating him, other than my good friend Governor Steve Bullock. People want change in their government. They don’t want another person in Washington, they want someone with government experience that doesn’t have the stench of Washington. I have 0 Lobbyists funding me, 0 Super PACs, and I’m not a billionaire. All of our funding is from real people. We’ve got the strongest grassroots support of anybody in the race, and we hope to keep that up.

Carlson: An outsider approach that has served you well so far. Now, you’ve endorsed Democrats in nearly every major downballot race in November, including the generally accepted “safe states.” Do you believe your coattails can make those races competitive?

Abrams: I think that my endorsement could help some of these races become competitive. We’ve had a President whose only prior experience was hosting a reality show, whatever preconceived notions about elections ought to be thrown out the window. You can also look back at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s race in 2018. No one saw AOC coming. Not many people were watching results that night. AOC became a household name overnight. What we, as Democrats, have to do is make sure we’ve got good candidates in every race, because elections can change overnight. You could also look back at my race in 2018 for Governor. If this were any other Republican or any other Democrat, the race would’ve gotten 0 attention whatsoever. We had a reckless Republican candidate, and someone that people saw as a change-maker, someone new, someone fresh, coming into the political scene. We’ve gotta be ready for anything in these down-ballot races. We must hold the House, take the Senate, and win back State Houses all over the country. We can’t risk these down-ballot races, we’ve got to win big in November, I’m the candidate to make these races competitive.

Carlson: As the pundit class learned in 2016, nothing is certain. Now, you’ve picked up numerous endorsements in the South. Do you believe this region will be key to your nomination?

Abrams: Absolutely but it’s no more important than any other region of the country. I’m from the South, people down there know me well. I’ve been to every county in South Carolina. Ideally, we’d like to win every state, but we know that’s not realistic. This is gonna be a close election. At the end of the day, we might not win Iowa or New Hampshire or Nevada, but, it’s about accumulating delegates. I believe that we’re in a good position to be in the top 3 or 4 in all 4 early states and to win South Carolina. I’m really appreciative of the support that President Carter, Congressman Lewis, Reverend Sharpton, Jaime Harrison, Congressman O’Rourke, Governor Cooper, and Senator Warner have given me and with all of their help and with the help of all of my surrogates and supporters, we’re gonna carry the South and expand our coalition up north and hopefully have a majority of delegates once we get to the convention.

Carlson: A plan not at all unlike the one expressed by Biden supporters back in 2018. Now, before you go, Ms. Abrams, as the primaries approach, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Abrams: The top 2 contenders are attacking each other, buying ads against one another, buying out each other’s ads. If we want Mike Pence to get 4 more years in office, we’re doing a fantastic job. This endless bickering and fighting only takes the attention off of the dire need to get him out of office.

I’m running a positive campaign, lifting others up, not tearing each other down. I’m running a campaign based on compassion, empathy, caring, joy, respecting one another, unifying this nation, telling the truth, working together to get things done (no matter what party they identify with), taking responsibility for our actions, and having plans to back up what you want to get done. That is what we need in a president. We need a President that when you watch them your blood pressure doesn’t go up. I’ve worked all of my life for the country I love. I hope I can earn your support because this is the most pivotal election in modern American history. We must win, and we’ll only do it together.

Carlson: Ms. Abrams, a pleasure to have you with us.

Abrams: Likewise, Tucker.

Carlson: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in next time for the critical news stories that will continue to shape this race. Until then, I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #458 on: March 04, 2020, 11:02:20 PM »

Carlson: That said, tonight we have a special guest, the current frontrunner for the Libertarian nomination for President, Stacey Abrams. Ms. Abrams, how are you tonight?

This says frontrunner for the Libertarian nomination, just so you know.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #459 on: March 04, 2020, 11:05:53 PM »

Carlson: That said, tonight we have a special guest, the current frontrunner for the Libertarian nomination for President, Stacey Abrams. Ms. Abrams, how are you tonight?

This says frontrunner for the Libertarian nomination, just so you know.

Shoot, thanks, will fix.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #460 on: March 04, 2020, 11:10:28 PM »

Stacey's Twitter Profile Picture from Wikimedia Commons

Transcript: Thank you to @TuckerCarlson and @MarkLevin for having me on tonight to talk about the campaign and our success, downballot races, our supporters, our strategy to win, and our competition. Happy to have a very spirited discussion about one of the most consequential election in American history.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #461 on: March 04, 2020, 11:51:53 PM »

Bullock private email to Iowa Caucus precinct captains
Firstly, I'd like to thank all of you for the work you've done for my campaign - it means a lot to me. Sadly, our polling numbers aren't looking strong and Iowa, and it's possible my candidacy will not be viable in your precincts. If this occurs, I urge all of you to shift Bullock support to Stacey Abrams. She's the strongest candidate other than me in this field, and she's also dedicated to positivity and reconciliation, instead of sowing further division like other Democrats have done. Of course, you all are free to vote your conscience if I fail to break 15% in your precinct, but I hope you'll back Stacey if that happens. Thank you again, and I wish all of you the best of luck on February 3.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #462 on: March 05, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2020, 10:51:21 AM by Entropy In Action »

PHASE II, TURN IV: LET THE GAMES BEGIN

A new month sees relative stability on the Democratic side. Tom Steyer, Stacey Abrams and Kirsten Gillibrand continue to vie for the top spot, with Steve Bullock and Tammy Baldwin also running hard ahead of the first in the nation caucuses. Meanwhile, on the Republican side, President Pence and Senator McConnell have made seeming peace. The President now appears to have finally consolidated his hold on his party, but some voice concerns that the fact it took so long might be used against him. Only time will tell how this will play out...

Current Polling (1-2 February 2020)

Democrats
Tom Steyer - 26%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 25%
Stacey Abrams - 23%
Tammy Baldwin - 9%
Steve Bullock - 8%
Jeff Merkley - 2%
Others - 0%
Undecided - 8%

Republicans
Mike Pence - 77%

Other/Undecided - 23%

Libertarians
Austin Petersen - 83%
Other/Undecided - 17%

Schedules for the first three days of February will be due March 7. There will be no debate this turn.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #463 on: March 05, 2020, 02:24:20 PM »

Bullock February Schedule Pt. 1
February 1: Accept the endorsements of State House Speaker Steve Shurtleff, Manchester Mayor Joyce Craig, and State House Majority Leader Douglas Ley, in a Manchester rally. Campaign with surrogates in Manchester area.
February 2: Hold town hall at Southern New Hampshire University. Continue to campaign in Manchester area, going door-to-door and meeting voters.
February 3: Rally and campaign in Concord with Sen. Hassan, Speaker Shurtleff, and Representative Ley.

Additionally, all Bullock campaign staff remaining in Iowa will be transferred to New Hampshire after the caucus there.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #464 on: March 05, 2020, 07:35:40 PM »

Abrams Final Schedule before Iowa Caucus

February 1:
-Go door-knocking with President Carter, Oprah, and Congressman Lewis in the Dubuque area
-Visit office in Dubuque to encourage staff, volunteers, interns and to thank them for their hard work*
-Participate in a phone bank in Dubuque to help get people out to vote
-Join some campaign volunteers in renting some vans to shuttle people to the caucus-sites, take photos with volunteers and other workers
-Visit Loras College and Clark University to discuss issues with the youth and to spike voter turnout among younger people

*Here’s an excerpt of some of Stacey’s remarks at the Dubuque office:

There is 2 really important words that I can not stress enough to you all. Thank you. Thank you for your hard work. Thank you for knocking on doors all over Dubuque, and all over the state. Thank you for calling voters, whether it was someone enthusiastically supporting us or someone yelling in your ear because they plan to vote for President Pence or one of our opponents. Thank you for meeting with voters all over the state, convincing people to come our way. Thank you for organizing debate watch parties. Thank you for your hard work. I appreciate it more than any of you all work. Whether we’re in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or farther down, for me it’s a win. You are the reason that a black woman from Georgia that ran for Governor is just a few steps away from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Thank you...thank you so much.

February 2:
-Barnstorm Cedar Rapids with Congressman O’Rourke and Oprah
-Host Town Halls at the University of Iowa and Kirkwood Community College
-Boast about plans for veterans, education, corporate taxes, disabled Americans, breaking up big-tech, for workers, and opioids
-Hold major rally in Cedar Rapids, focusing on turning out women and Millenials to bolster turnout and to increase our coalitions

Here is an excerpt of Congressman O’Rourke’s introduction of Ms. Abrams today:

Today is a really important day. There is one day before Iowa decides who should lead our party into the future. We’ve got 2 people at the top of the national polls that are bickering with one another, airing ads against each other, and buying each other’s ads against the other out. This is division at it’s finest. This is what the President wants. He wants us to be divided so that he can get 4 more years in office. We need a uniter who knows how to win. We need someone with non-Washington government experience. We need someone with bipartisan support that can win moderate Republicans, Independents, moderate Democrats, progressive Democrats, and conservative Democrats that unite us all. We need Stacey Abrams. Please help me welcome the next President of the United States of America, Stacey Abrams!

February 3:
-Barnstorm, doorknock, and phonebank all over Des Moines
-Help shuttle voters to various caucus-sites
-Have a huge conference call with my campaign manager, Iowa campaign chair, and most of our Precinct Captains to discuss our plan to win
-Major rally in Des Moines with all of our major surrogates (President Carter, Congressman O’Rourke, Oprah Winfrey, Congressman Lewis, Reverend Sharpton, the Iowa Chair of Moms Demand Action, and the Head of the American Federation of Teachers)
-Watch returns at local hotel, head to watch party in Des Moines after results are finalized to speak to our supporters

Graphic made by me
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #465 on: March 05, 2020, 10:39:06 PM »

Gillibrand Early February Schedule & Strategy
Credit to Flickr for the Photo

Strategy
Latino Outreach
Kirsten sent her Latino Team to Polk County, mainly in metropolitan Des Moines. The campaign had organizers out on College Campuses, and sign waving across all of major Des Moines highways and city streets. Kirsten also had a Conference Call with her Des Moines Precinct Captains and her Latino Outreach Team. Kirsten was in Des Moines for two days, and held rallies with Sen. Catherine Cortez-Masto, as well as sponsored events with the League of United Latin American Citizens.

African American Outreach
Kirsten sent her African American Outreach Team to Black Hawk County to mainly focus on courting African American votes. She was joined on the Campaign Trail by Rep. Jim Clyburn and Sen. Cory Booker. At a major rally, Cory Booker had this to say:
Listen, I know we have some great candidates. Nobody is more proud than me that we finally have a black woman running for President of the United States. My only concern, is that we need someone with years of experience in the hardest place to work in DC: The Senate. Kirsten Gillibrand has fought with me, and some Republicans to oppose the racist and sexist ways of Mike Pence and Mitch McConnell. If we truly want to give equal opportunity to all Americans, no matter the race, we have to get out and caucus for Kirsten Gillibrand.

Women Outreach
Kirsten Gillibrand joined Sen. Amy Klobucar, Rep. Finkenaeur, and Rep. Axne at multiple events across Dubuque and Cedar Rapids. They held a townhall together, mainly focused on Women's Issues and the importance of finally having a woman President. Kirsten Gillibrand joined NARAL and Planned Parenthood at multiple events, where she spoke about how there must be access to Women's Healthcare, such as Abortion and Mammograms. Kirsten got emotional at a Dubuque Rally when speaking about how far the country has come regarding Women's Rights.

February 1st - 2nd: Des Moines
- Conference Call with Campaign Staff, Leadership, and Precinct Captains
- Door Knock with Volunteers and Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- Rally with Rep. Cindy Axne and Rep. Abby Finkenaeur
- Visit Des Moines Office and meet with Campaign Staff
- Hold "Caucus for Kirsten" GOTV Rally
- Fundraiser
- Fundraising Drive at Local Festival
- Sign Wave
- Attend Parade
- Speak about the importance to introduce new reforms to finally give women and men equal treatment

February 3rd: Dubuque & Cedar Rapids
- Conference Call with Campaign Staff, Volunteers, and Precinct Captains
- Rally with Fmr. VP Joe Biden
- Hold "Caucus for Kirsten" GOTV Rally
- Meet with Local Democrats
- Door Knock on College Campuses
- Visit Campaign HQ and Prepare for Watch Party
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #466 on: March 05, 2020, 11:55:58 PM »

(All images below are from Wikimedia Commons)

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Tucker Carlson and Mark Levin

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin. And this is your final election update from Fox News for this cycle.

Carlson: This week marked by the buildup to the first in the nation state, Iowa, where 41 Democratic delegates are on the line.

Levin: Many other news stories, as well, which you can check up on at foxnews.com.

Carlson: That said, tonight we have a special guest, the President of the United States, Mike Pence. Mr. President, how are you tonight?

Pence: Good, Tucker. Happy to be here.

Carlson: Glad to have you here, Mr. President. Now, despite several scares over the past year, you’ve finally managed to right the Republican Party under your control. Are you concerned about the possibility of another incident restarting the turmoil?

Pence: No, not at all. Look, there is no question that the Republican Party has had its fair share of vital transformations during the past couple of years, adding to the great conservatism of Ronald Reagan some new elements that are appropriate for the issues we are facing right now. Obviously, this was not easy and we had our fair share of conflicts, but we have done what we had to do given the issues the America of 2020 is dealing with, unlike the Democrats, who are lying to themselves and keep screaming that this all for electoral gain instead of proposing any solutions or constructive ideas. So, to answer directly the questions, I am not worried because now the GOP is a very well-oiled machine that will win big in 2020 and enact real change for the American people, and this 2 things are things that all of us Republicans are fighting for.

Carlson: A strong projection of confidence so far bolstered by Senator McConnell falling back in line following his reinstatement as Majority Leader. Now, some on the left have attacked you for “doing what’s popular solely for your own electoral benefit.” How do you respond to these charges?

Pence: This accusation is ridiculous with absolutely no basis in reality but why not look a bit at the context? While the left has opposed us at every move, we have accomplished more than any Administration in its first year in recent history. All of it has a very direct effect on the prosperity of the people of this country. Compared to 2019, here is what we have changed - your taxes are a lot lower if you are a low or middle class American, allowing you and your family to build up prosperity, infrastructure, especially in poor communities, is of better quality and rapidly expanding, your Representatives are listening more to you because lobbying has been restricted, treatment centers are being built all around the country as we speak to tackle the opioid crisis, mother can take paid family leave and have affordable childcare, regulations are being killed off, illegal immigration is slowing down, the economy is strong. That is my record that I am proudly running on to win another term, because there is so much more that needs to be done, and I think that the accusations of the left are just improvised because they have no arguments to contest our accomplishments.

Carlson: Certainly hard to argue with this much passed legislation. Now, some have accused you of being ill-tempered and prickly for responding to nearly every Democratic candidate’s tweets, and fear that this gives you a poor temperament for foreign policy, where the President is often forced to deal with those eager to “get a rise” out of him. How do you respond to these claims?

Pence: Look, I have responded to this tweets by the Democrats in the last couple of months for a simple reason - I could not let the American people to believe clear lies. I wanted to tell them the truth. For example, that horrendous lie by Steyer that my tax bill was a giveaway to the rich and to corporations. Such a big lie. The American people were actively lied into opposing a bill that is now helping them tremendously. I could not have allowed it to happen. I had to repeatedly and bluntly respond to it so it could not deceive anyone, and it did not. That is why I responded to the tweets. From now on, I guess I will be more selective with my responses, given that the facts have started talking on their own. And about foreign policy, I look forward to show Americans that I am very well-tempered, as I have during my past year in office, and have a clear agenda and plan for the relationships of America with other countries, both allies and enemies.

Carlson: Undoubtedly the liberal blogosphere already waiting in the wings with "very stable genius" quotes. Now, before you go, Mr. President, as the primaries approach, if you could tell the American people one thing tonight, what would it be?

Pence: My fellow Americans, first of all thank you for watching tonight. Politics can sometimes be boring, sometimes be exhausting, but for better or worse, they decide our lives. And, as such, we should look at the records of politicians before we vote for them. My Administration has accomplished more for you, for your prosperity then any other Administration in recent history - from taxes to opioids, from draining the swamp to infrastructure. I think we managed to provide strong and stable leadership which carries us to progress. That is what I will continue to do in a second term. The Democrats, on the other hand, are desperate. They can not believe that someone in DC can actually accomplish anything and are screaming and shouting and trying desperately to stop us. Well, I will not stop. I will never stop. And look who are their proposals. Steyer, Abrams and Gillibrand. This is the weakest field ever. Anyway, you can either choose in November to continue on this steady path to prosperity with a stable leadership or go back in 2016 and choose whoever the Democrat Party nominates. This is your choice, and thank you again for watching, good night.

Carlson: Mr. President, a pleasure to have you with us.

Pence: Likewise, Tucker.

Carlson: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in next time for the critical news stories that will continue to shape this race. Until then, I'm Tucker Carlson.

Levin: And I'm Mark Levin.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
RGM2609
« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2020, 09:03:07 AM »

Mike Pence to unofficially launch general election campaign in Warren, MI - February 3rd 2020

While 1st and 2nd February 2020 are scheduled to be filled with ceremonial and public Presidential duties in Washington DC, Mike Pence will be back on the campaign trail in the 3rd of the month, when the Iowa caucuses are also taking place, but in Michigan, to hold his first rally focused on the general election instead of the primaries. The rally will take place in Warren, the main city of Macomb County, underlining the commitment of Mike Pence to keep the blue collar workers which made him Vice President in line for the 2020 election. A crowd of 30.000 people is expected and the President will give an hour-long speech. Unofficially, the campaign team hopes it will also overshadow at least a bit a victory by Gillibrand or Abrams in Iowa, taking away some of their expected momentum, but other staffers called this as far-fetched. Nevertheless, they expect the image of an united GOP compared to the squabbling Democratic Party to be projected even more by this event.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #468 on: March 06, 2020, 10:46:26 AM »

Jon Stewart announces withdrawal

"at this stage, I see no path to the no ination, and am thus suspending my campaign for President.

But who should be President? It's a question I've grappled with for some time. As you know, my issue has been the need for a federal Independent Commission Against Corruption. Someone to act as the be-all end-all watchdog for our politicians.

There is but one candidate who has joined my calls for one. Her progressive bone fides are beyond question, she supports a federal ICAC and a heightened minimum wage. She's also a fellow New Yorker, so you know she takes her pizza seriously.

I'm proud to endorse Senator Kirsten Gillibrand for President of the United States."
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #469 on: March 06, 2020, 10:50:47 AM »

Jon Stewart announces withdrawal

"at this stage, I see no path to the no ination, and am thus suspending my campaign for President.

But who should be President? It's a question I've grappled with for some time. As you know, my issue has been the need for a federal Independent Commission Against Corruption. Someone to act as the be-all end-all watchdog for our politicians.

There is but one candidate who has joined my calls for one. Her progressive bone fides are beyond question, she supports a federal ICAC and a heightened minimum wage. She's also a fellow New Yorker, so you know she takes her pizza seriously.

I'm proud to endorse Senator Kirsten Gillibrand for President of the United States."

Got it.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #470 on: March 06, 2020, 07:24:35 PM »

Abrams' Final Ad before the Iowa Caucus
(All Images from Wikimedia Commons)

Stacey Abrams appears, to have a heartfelt personal conversation with the viewer:
Very soon, Iowa, you’ll be the first to decide who should lead our party to the general election. We need someone who will win and win big. We need someone to unite, not divide. We’ve got a lot of candidates running. Rather than attacking each other, we ought to be talking about the issues. Who has the best plan for veterans, students and teachers, the middle class, disabled Americans, workers, and families affected by the opioid crisis? I’ve got a plan for each one of these issues.

But this election isn’t just about issues that affect all 50 states. Elections are local. I’ve talked to a lot of Iowans. Here are 5 big things that many of them have said we have to have in Iowa: real leaders who know how to bring us forward; clean air and water; fixing income inequality; making education affordable; and infrastructure.

Vote with your gut. Who is the best person to take on Mike Pence? Who is the best person to get things done? Who is the best person with the best plans?

A candidate and a president are only as good as the people they surround themselves with. We’ve got former President Jimmy Carter, the Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Congresswoman Karen Bass, Congressman and Civil Rights icon John Lewis, Reverend Al Sharpton, Moms Demand Action, Oprah Winfrey, Jaime Harrison, the American Federation of Teachers, Congressman Beto O’Rourke, Governor Roy Cooper, and Senator Mark Warner. We’ve got a broad coalition of Black, White, Latino, Asian, Native American, biracial Americans, men, women, students, teachers, and labor workers.

Unity, hope, and belonging. That's what we need in Washington and it's why I'm running for President and it's why I approve this message. I hope I can earn your support.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #471 on: March 07, 2020, 01:00:22 AM »

Gillibrand Ad "Tomorrow" Aired in Iowa
All images obtained on Flickr

Iowa, tomorrow is the day. You'll have your say on which candidate should lead this nation, and defeat Mike Pence. Here's why I believe I can do just that, and show that Brave Wins.
From the day that I went to Washington DC, I've had one interest in mind: The People.
From working to pass Universal Childcare, to creating a fairer Immigration Process for all, I've worked tirelessly to create a better country for you, and your family.
So, tomorrow I'm asking for your trust. I know that we can truly create a better country for everyone, but we can't without the wrong leader. I'll put our nation first, and bring people together.
Narrator: Tomorrow, Caucus for Kirsten Gillibrand.
RGM2609
« Reply #472 on: March 07, 2020, 05:53:30 AM »

Citizens for a Progressive Future PAC - Not electable, airing nationwide

This November, we need to elect a candidate who can defeat the unstable, unhinged, radical, dangerous Mike Pence, end the Trump-Pence era and restore our nation on a path to prosperity. Which is why we need to stop Kirsten Gillibrand from winning the Democratic nomination. Not only is she an NRA poster girl turned into a staunch progressive over night, she is also just not electable. All polls show her losing to Mike Pence in a landslide. She is losing in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Ohio, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Nevada, Minnesota, Texas and in the national popular vote. If we nominate her, we give Mike Pence 4 more years. Is that what you want?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #473 on: March 07, 2020, 10:36:09 AM »

Iowa GOTV Plan

Going into caucus day, the Steyer campaign is not going to let some disappointing polls lessen their  effort. Surrogates, volunteers, and Tom himself will be out in full force. The campaign is making a major effort for an Iowa win, with outreach across the state. A win here can further expand the margin in New Hampshire, which Team Tom believes they will already win. If Tom wins Iowa, or finishes a close second. Followed up by a strong win in the Granite State, his frontrunner status will be secured for a longer term.

To get people out to caucus, the Steyer surrogate team will be out in full. Senator Elizabeth Warren will be filling rooms in Des Moines and going to precinct halls hailing Tom's agenda to root out corruption and fix Washington as the best agenda to deliver "big structural change." Senator Michael Bennet will also be in Des Moines with Tom Steyer, touring the city and the suburbs with volunteers. Former Governor Chet Culver will be in Cedar Rapids with Governor Inslee hammering the message that Tom Steyer will fight for average folks against vested power in Washington.

Team Tom will also be activating in full their well funded ground game network and AFL-CIO Union organizers across the state. No town is too small for a Steyer door knocker or Union organizer. And combined with an overwhelming tide of ads at the last minute (referred to as an ad blitz) pushing back on Gillibrand's attacks and pushing the Steyer message, an Iowa win is quite possible.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #474 on: March 07, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »

Gillibrand Responds to Pence Attacks
Transcript: Mr. President, you can stop the attacks. The American People aren't believing your facade. Come out from behind the TV screen, and if you have a problem with my problems, confront them on the stage, or at a rally. Your Super PAC will not decide this race. Brave will Win.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies