Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:33:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth  (Read 30288 times)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« on: December 10, 2004, 06:37:19 PM »
« edited: December 12, 2004, 09:48:21 PM by Senator Defarge »

District One Full Term
Supersoulty

District One Interim
True Democrat
Defarge

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 09:46:46 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2004, 10:13:01 PM by Senator Defarge »

Are much agonizing, I have decided to edit my vote in support of Supersoulty, thus probably throwing the election to him.  I do this because I firmly believe that Supersoulty will make an excellent senator from our District.  Bulldog, while I agree more with him ideologically, is an unknown quanity.  He has not posted once since he voted on Friday, even though our district's election has turned out to be one of the possible upsets of the cycle.  He is not very active and has done little to no campaigning.

Supersoulty has more experience than I do.  He is devoted, has run a positive informative campaign and deserves to win this election more than Bulldog.  I cannot in good conscience stand by and watch District One lose someone who will probably be one of the best senators Atlasia has ever seen.

Bulldog, I'm sorry.  Your speech alone was enough to convince me to vote for you as a sacraficial lamb, not in a close election.  Your inexperience and your lack of posting resulted in my tough decision.

My fellow Democrats, I'm sorry.  But in this election, between someone who agrees with me but doesen't post and a proven experienced leader of Atlasia, I must do what is best for the district.

Therefore, I hereby change my vote for Supersoulty, rendering my vote invalid. 
Defarge

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »

OK, If I'm wrong, correct me.

SuperSoulty votes:
AndrewBerger
ColinW
Erc
Huckleberry Finn
J.J.
Julien
Kemperor
Keystone Phil
Nation
Patrick1
Richard B Cheney
Supersoulty
(12)

Bulldog votes:
Boss Tweed
Danwxman
EarlAW
IrishDemocrat
LordTraldan
Romeomustdie
Smash255
TheBulldog
True Democrat
(9)

Looks right to me. In that case, Defarge invalidating his vote didn't actually change anything.

Maybe some people were accidentally counting NickG's vote for Bulldog, that may have been leading some media outlets to incorrectly state the race as tied 11-11. As well, these sources were clearly not counting MIke NixonNow's vote. The race was actually 12-10, then became 12-9 when Defarge invalidated his ballot.
I agonized for nothing?!?  *beats head against wall*

I still stand by my vote, or decision to disquality my vote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies