Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:52:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 129619 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« on: September 06, 2015, 06:18:41 PM »

I have some questions about Germany and its pledge to take in 800k refugees.  Is this for this year only, and in future years will it take in even more? Is the idea that this is only for temporary refuge, or for permanent legal status in Germany?  Is the CDU excited about inviting in more future left-leaning voters (if in fact this leads to future citizens)? Has parliament voted for this yet?  I'm wondering how people in poorer parts of the EU are feeling about the infusion of all these people who might end up taking jobs in Germany that otherwise might have gone to Europeans from high unemployment countries.

Well for Germany, it is almost quite convenient in that they have been facing an imminent demographic threat from an ageing and declining population. So a sudden influx of young, and well educated (about 40% of the Syrian refugees are university educated) people is potentially a blessing in disguise.

I can't post the source, but apparently about 60% of Germans support the levels of refugees that are expected to arrive being proposed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies