April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:19:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: April Senate Election Discussion Thread - ELECTION TRACKER  (Read 5741 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: April 21, 2014, 05:59:13 AM »

JCL was objectively far more deserving of a Senate seat than a non-entity like Goldwater. What a joke, Federalists. Roll Eyes
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:35:15 AM »

JCL was objectively far more deserving of a Senate seat than a non-entity like Goldwater. What a joke, Federalists. Roll Eyes

He should have retired when he lost interest, like I did. Tongue

Or me! That's the ethical thing to do.

The Federalist betrayal of their most active and engaged candidate is gross. I'm going to have to first preference JCL next time around at this rate.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 05:27:52 PM »

He should have retired when he lost interest, like I did. Tongue

Or me! That's the ethical thing to do.

The Federalist betrayal of their most active and engaged candidate is gross. I'm going to have to first preference JCL next time around at this rate.

You didn't retire, you resigned midterm after first dropping off the radar without much of an explanation. Goldwater posted a leave, two weeks early and fully in tune with the rules, and then came back as amazing a concept as that might be.

Let me tell you something Oaky boy and let me make this very plain. Neither candidate satisfied my expectations regarding their campaign presense, and maybe that played a role maybe that didn't. But we had two candidates and the ability to get both in. I did the best I could to help JCL and put together a winning coalition, as well as advise him to maintain a public campaign to keep his supporters engaged. I also contacted enough people to get him in, and asked thme to support him.

Maybe you beleive in forcing people to vote a certain way, and maybe things operate differently for other parties, but I am not a heavy handed SOB. I never was as RPP Chair and I won't be as Fed Chair. The reason is that always backfires. You should know that better than anyone. If you want someone's vote, the best way to get is to earn it yourself, because surrogates only have limited effect. I full expected JCL to rally the more conservative members and surge out early with Goldwater away and not engaged in the campaign in those last few days before the voting started. That didn't happen. Maybe more effort on his part would have chnaged that, maybe not. I do know that I did everything I could that was feasible on my end.

I know you don't give a crap anymore and feel no compunction about trashing the hard work of others, but I will tell you this that I would give anything to have the Oakvale I knew in 2010, 2011 and 2012, back again.

Jesus, overreact much? Chill.

My point is just that JCL's been a Federalist candidate for the Senate a couple of dozen times. It's probably about time you should admit that you guys aren't willing to support him - that'd be okay, Labor did the same thing with Snowstalker. I just think it's kind of sad to see JCL (who I obviously agree with on <1% of anything) strung along with a constant refrain of "maybe next time...".

Forcing people to vote a certain way when the majority of voters are zombies is basically just what any kind of PM campaigning is - most of your voters, most voters period, will vote for whoever they're told because they don't know what happens in Atlasia or even who the candidates are. That's a shame but it's a long standing fact of life.

e: I'm not "trashing" anyone's "hard work" - there's no particular indication that this was a failure of effort on behalf of the Federalist Party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies