Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:20:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Fuel and Power Act of 2014 (Final vote)  (Read 16779 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:57 AM »

Well if it counts as anything I do like the composition of the board of and such for administering it.

I would prefer a competative model, with the gov't owning a fully up-to-date smart grid as a sort of exchange whereby local co-ops, private firms and such can then compete with each other putting a certain amount in at one end and then selling that same amount at the other, like of like the way a share oil pipeline works.  

I think that's not too far off from what we have now:
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Smart_Grid_Electrical_Distribution_Act
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 11:02:42 AM »

I think techology has provided the answer to the natural monopoly status of power distribution. Yes, I knew we had the grid, but I do think there are other key aspects and of course there is the flat rate charge that should be changed somehow, since that would prevent competition.

What exactly does the flat rate refer to?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »

Why should energy costs be at the lowest possible price?  What does that do for conservation?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies