Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:34:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reaction to Trump nomination from US’s Western allies UPDATE:Renzi weighs in too  (Read 4127 times)
SillyAmerican
United States

« on: March 18, 2016, 10:52:31 AM »

The only people who will comment from overseas are people who don't like him.

People who agree that you can secure your borders and control foreign trade wont say a word.

So it will be very biased.

Australia closed its borders to illegal boat arrivals, and not one illegal has arrived by boat since 2013/14.

Yet no one bats an eyelid anymore, left wing or right wing. Its a nil political debate when your borders are secure.

Mexicans are getting ticked off because Donald Trump wants to control our southern border? Please alert the #NeverTrump folks.

Simply indicative of how far off the mark the U.S. finds itself these days, that we can't even say we want secure borders and we'd like to see American companies producing their products here in the United States rather than in other countries. The tone of Trump's delivery may be a bit off, but the basic points of his message?

And I agree: the coverage from abroad will be very one sided, given the circumstances.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:24:21 AM »

The only people who will comment from overseas are people who don't like him.

People who agree that you can secure your borders and control foreign trade wont say a word.

So it will be very biased.

Australia closed its borders to illegal boat arrivals, and not one illegal has arrived by boat since 2013/14.

Yet no one bats an eyelid anymore, left wing or right wing. Its a nil political debate when your borders are secure.

Mexicans are getting ticked off because Donald Trump wants to control our southern border?

No, because we all are rapists and robbers.

And that is something Mr. Trump and his followers will never live down. Next time, when you talk about how much you like Mr. Trump in the presence of a Latino gardener or hotel maid, or, for that matter, a Latino Ivy League Prof., keep in mind what he thinks about you. Hint: S/he thinks you are a rapist and a bandit.

You're absolutely right. What Trump should say: "I'd like to clarify something I said earlier. All of those illegal immigrants that dislike me so much? Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that 100% of them have broken the law."

You see, despite the objections of the PC police, there's a reason for someone being called an illegal immigrant...
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »

You're absolutely right. What Trump should say: "I'd like to clarify something I said earlier. All of those illegal immigrants that dislike me so much? Well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that 100% of them have broken the law."

You see, despite the objections of the PC police, there's a reason for someone being called an illegal immigrant...

So you think all Mexicans are rapists? Because that is what they are pissed about.....

Of course we can do our own generalization. All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t.

Please re-read what I said; I have even put the important portion in bold for you.

One must be very careful about making general statements about "all Mexicans" or "all Trump supporters". If Donald Trump said that all Mexicans are rapists, he's clearly mistaken and people should call him on it. But if he were to say that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, he'd be correct, and we should listen to what he and others propose as solutions to the problem.

Or perhaps we should do it your way: scream unpleasant names at those we disagree with, ignore the problem, and proclaim victory.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 06:55:05 AM »

So you think all Mexicans are rapists? Because that is what they are pissed about.....

Of course we can do our own generalization. All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t.

Please re-read what I said; I have even put the important portion in bold for you.

One must be very careful about making general statements about "all Mexicans" or "all Trump supporters". If Donald Trump said that all Mexicans are rapists, he's clearly mistaken and people should call him on it. But if he were to say that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, he'd be correct, and we should listen to what he and others propose as solutions to the problem.

Or perhaps we should do it your way: scream unpleasant names at those we disagree with, ignore the problem, and proclaim victory.

Stop trying to change the subject. He said Mexican immigrants are rapists and that "some" are good people. So being generous, he said a majority of Mexican immigrants are rapists. Are you defending that?

Nope, I'm not defending that at all. Clearly, saying that a majority of illegal immigrants are rapists is wrong, as that's not the case. However, there have been many documented cases of people being murdered by illegal immigrants. Are you defending that? What I'm saying is that Trump should apologize for the way he stated things in the past, and say instead that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, and need to be dealt with. Period. Those who want to argue against getting our immigration house in order will have a very difficult time arguing against that.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »

Stop trying to change the subject. He said Mexican immigrants are rapists and that "some" are good people. So being generous, he said a majority of Mexican immigrants are rapists. Are you defending that?

Nope, I'm not defending that at all. Clearly, saying that a majority of illegal immigrants are rapists is wrong, as that's not the case. However, there have been many documented cases of people being murdered by illegal immigrants. Are you defending that? What I'm saying is that Trump should apologize for the way he stated things in the past, and say instead that all illegal immigrants have broken the law, and need to be dealt with. Period. Those who want to argue against getting our immigration house in order will have a very difficult time arguing against that.

I have said nothing about my views on immigration and it's not even relevant. The issue is that Trump uses racial hatred and division to advocate for his issues. That's the real problem with Trump, not that he thinks illegal immigration should stop

Yeah, here's the narrative: Trumps statements have nothing to do with illegal immigration, he simply hates all Mexicans and is just a terrible, divisive person. Because naturally, this is about what you say it's about, not about what the candidate says it's about. Thanks for clearing that up.

And let's not forget that according to you, "All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t." This is obviously the loving, unifying alternative to the divisive Trump campaign, yes?
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »

Yeah, here's the narrative: Trumps statements have nothing to do with illegal immigration, he simply hates all Mexicans and is just a terrible, divisive person. Because naturally, this is about what you say it's about, not about what the candidate says it's about. Thanks for clearing that up.

And let's not forget that according to you, "All Trump supporters are human trash! Racist pieces of sh**t." This is obviously the loving, unifying alternative to the divisive Trump campaign, yes?

I want to unify everybody but your average Trump supporter thinks there is a race war going on so not much to be done there.....

Trump said a majority of Mexican illegal immigrants are rapists! How is that acceptable? And of course your average trump retard doesn't differentiate between an illegal or legal immigrant. They hate all outsiders.

Do you have anything to back this statement up? Or are we to rely on your brilliant and helpful insights about what appears to be a growing number of "Trump retards"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies